The fight continues

NOPOV

//4 years later//

It has been four years since Kanan and Ezra lost members of the ghost crew and the only one they managed to find was Hera. However Ezra was not acting the same as he use to all them years ago. Kana was starting to get worried about his son, he only ever really opened up around Kanan and Hera when he was with them alone, it was like the rest of the rebellion scares him somehow. Many things had happened over the years, Kanan and Hera were now married and they only really wanted to keep Ezra as an only child seen as Hera was unable to carry a child from her past. Kanan was soon brought out of his thoughts when Hera spoke up.

"Kanan, are you worried about Ezra's behaviour recently? he hasn't been the same boy i met all them years ago" Hera said softly putting an arm around Kanan's shoulder.

Kanan sighed and looked up at Hera. "after you all got taken by the empire Ezra has been a different boy. Every night he wakes up from nightmares and all he manages to say is papa and inquisitor, he's really worrying me.." before Hera could reply Ezra came running in launching himself at Kanan and her face softened as she saw the young boy's eyes.

"Papa... i'm hungry..." Ezra said quietly so only they could hear and not the rest of the rebellion.

Hera smiled. "well i found out that the empire has been storing a secret cargo on Tarkin, why don't we go steal them and sell them for some credits?2 she said seeing Ezra's eyes light up.

"can i come to! can i, can i, can i!" Ezra smiled up at Kanan and Hera who nodded at him laughing when he jumped out of Kanan's hands to get ready.

//time skip//

Ezra crawled through the vents and got out his com. "so about this Jedi training, if i pull this off i dont know, maybe we could have some time?" Ezra said sarcastically through the com to Kanan.

Kanan just sighed rubbing his head. "listen kid, i will teach you when i believe you are ready.. besides if you pull this off with a little less chatter then i may consider starting tomorrow." he said shutting of the com and sighed looking at Hera.

Hera just laughed. "Ezra is a lot more like you than you think love, when i met you during order 66 you were so eager to do anything anyone put in front of you with a little encouragement." she said smiling at Kanan.

Kanan laughed as Hera landed the ship as soon as Ezra opened the door. "well looks like my son has done something" he said ruffling Ezra's hair

Ezra giggled and ran over to the crates helping Kanan and Hera putting them on board. Kana stopped along with Ezra.

"papa, do-do you feel that.." Ezra said softly as they entered the ghost. Kanan saw the sith lord appraoched and shouted down the com to Hera.

"Hera go!! we need to set off now!!" he shouted picking up Ezra running to the nose gun. Kanan sat down and started to shoot at the tie fighters as soon as they took off to space.

Ezra whimpered and ran to the cockpit to Hera. "Hera... i'm scared...." Ezra whimpered as the ghost was being shot at.

Hera quickly picked up Ezra placing him in her lap. "its ok.. don't panic sweetie..." she said twirling the ship to dodge the tie fighters.

One of the tie fighters shot at the nose gun causing serious damage to the top and to Kanan.

"aghh!" Kanan screeched in pain just before Hera jumped into hyper space.

Ezra ran up to the nose gun with Hera and saw Kanan lay on the floor injured badly. "PAPA!!" he screamed and tried to run to Kanan but felt Hera hold him. Hera held Ezra close and shushed him.

//time skip//

Ezra sat at Kanan's side holding his hands tights whimpering.

Hera rubbed Ezra's back and tried not to tear up herself. "Ezra it's OK.. don't worry i'm here.." she cooed as Ezra jumped into her waiting arms.

"w-what if he never wakes up, i-i don't want to lose papa to..." Ezra cried into Hera's chest. Hera's heart broke at the sight of Ezra breaking right in front of her.

Hera sighed unable to speak. "Listen love... Kanan might not wake up soon but all we can do is hope ok? me and you will stay strong as one." she said softly and picked up Ezra walking back to her room once the med droids told them visiting times were over.

Ezra soon cried himself to sleep and held onto Hera tightly. "please dont leave me mama.." she muttered

Hera sighed and ran her fingers through Ezra's hair humming softly "Kana please pull through this.. me and Ezra need you.." she muttered softly and lay down falling asleep wi