Flashback : sick Ezra

NOPOV

Kanan woke up as he heard cries in the baby monitor from Ezra's room. He sighed and got up from his bed and walked into Kanan's room.
Kanan walked into Ezra's room struggling to stay on his feet because he didn't feel that well. He clasped on the floor startling Hera and chopper.
"KANAN!!" Hera screamed running over to him. "Chopper get kanan to the med bay now!"
Chopper warbled in annoyance but did what he was told while Hera stayed in the room.
Hera shushed Ezra and picked him up.
"Don't worry daddy is going to be ok.." she tried to soothe Ezra but failed miserably because Ezra was worrying for Kanan to much.
Hera held Ezra close and walked into the med bay to see Kanan awake but very out of it.
"You can't last 10 hours without getting hurt in some way can you kanan?" Hera smiled sadly at Kanan.
Kanan smiled softly and groaned at the pain in his head. "I've been threw storms, battles, heck I even worked 3 nights in a row at a pub so how the hell did I get sick now.." he mumbled.
Hera sighed and started to read cholera diagnostics while placing Ezra at the end of Kanan's bed.
Ezra made a confused noise and crawled up to Kanan's side and snuggled into him giggling.
"Pa..ba.." he babbled making Hera and kanan smile.
Hera sighed. "You've caught a really bad flu.. it caused vomiting, headaches, severe pain in legs and chest.. I don't think it is contagious but if Ezra does catch it I'm sure we can help him.." she smiled. "I'm just going to get some painkillers from the town.. I'll be back soon.."
Hera walked out of the ghost leaving chopper, Kanan and Ezra alone.
"Chop? Can you go get me a bottle of milk for Ezra.. I think he's hungry.." Kanan said in a raspy voice.
Chopper grumbled and rolled out of the room.
Ezra poked Kanan's cheek and giggled not understanding why he was like this. He stopped when he saw Kanan's face scrunch up in pain. Ezra whimpered but stopped when he saw kanan sit up and pick him up.
"Don't worry bout me buddy let's just take care of you.." Kanan said softly and thanked chopper when he handed over Ezra's bottle of milk.
Ezra happily excepted it drinking the whole bottle down fast and burping not long after.

//time skip//

It had been a couple of days since kanan caught the flew and just to make it worse Ezra had caught it to. Hera also caught a tiny bit of it but she was well enough to cook and help the other two recover.
"Bleh!" Ezra gagged throwing up his milk onto Kanan and Hera. He teared up and started to cry at the mess he made as if he was saying sorry.
Kanan and Hera sighed and lay Ezra down going to get changed. Once they got back they saw that Ezra was trying to push chopper away.
"Ababah!" Ezra cried out in fear and crawled as fast as he could to the corner of the bed.
Hera glared at chopper. "Chopper out!" She sneered sewing chopper roll out of the room annoyed.
Kanan sighed and picked up Ezra shushing him.
"It's ok Ezra.. it's ok.." He cooed and him and Hera lay dow on the bed in the med bay.
Ezra sniffled and let out soft breaths, his cheeks puffing out in the process. He slowly fell asleep in Kanan's arms satisfying both adults.
"Why don't we get some rest.. we have a supply mission tomorrow after all.." Hera said and smiled at kanan as they both fell asleep.
The next day when they woke up they felt better, Ezra however didn't improve.
"We will have to take him on this information meeting with us.. it's only to test out of these rebels are working for the empire.. so he should be ok.." Hera smiled
Kanan smiled back and held Ezra close walking out of the ghost with Kanan.
Ezra whimpered and held onto Kanan's shirt harder scared that kanan would leave him.
Kanan sensed the boys thoughts and held him closer shushing him.
Once they reached their contact Ezra started to fuss a lot more which annoyed the contact.
"Will you get that thing to shut up? If I were his father I'd just leave him." The contact sneered
Ezra heard what the contact said and held onto Kanan's shirt tight and started to bawl his eyes out.
Hera growled and snatched the credits of the contact storming off with Kanan back to the ghost, but her mood changed to slightly happier when kanan punched the contact unconscious.
Kanan sat in the co pilot seat rocking Ezra. "Ez..ez look at me.."
The baby boy looked up at Kanan and Hera with tears flowing down his cheeks.
"Me and Hera will never leave you.." He cooed softly rocking Ezra to sleep.
"And just remember... you are Never Alone.." both Hera and kanan said softly to Ezra as he fell into a peaceful slumber.