Captured and broken

NOPOV

Hera was sat in the rebel command room crying softly because of the loss of her husband and son.
"We have to go get them! They're all I have left!" Hera yelled as tears rolled down her cheeks.
Commander Sato sighed. "Hera it's been 3 months.. what if they're not here anymore.." he said sadly
"But we have to try! Please!" Hera said her voice breaking.
The commanders all talked and agreed to help Hera find kanan and Ezra.

//meanwhile//

Ezra sat in the corner of the interrogation room sniffling as his father was strapped to the table. He teared up more as he heard his fathers screams once he was being electrocuted.
Ezra screamed when the inquisitors lightsaber came in contact with his shoulder causing him to feel more pain than he already did.
The inquisitor scowled and threw Ezra in front of kanan walking out with the troopers and agent Kallus.
Ezra looked up at his father seeing he was unconscious from all the torture. He whimpered and took out the holo pad he stole from Kallus and sent his coordinates to Hera shocked when she replied back instantly.
Ezra poked Kanan's leg and started to cry when he wouldn't wake up.
Not long after though kanan stirred awake when he heard cries. He looked down slightly and gasped at the sight of Ezra's shoulder.
"Ez...come...here.." kanan gasped for air as her spoke.
Ezra crawled up on the table and lay next to kanan cuddling close to his side to afraid to fall asleep. He gripped onto Kanan's shirt as more tears fell from his eyes.
Kanan sighed sadly because he knew that they had managed to break his son. He was furious that they would do this to a 9 year old child, this experience may never be something that Ezra would grow up from.
Kanan kissed Ezra's fore head and saw that he had sent a message through Kallus's holo pad to Hera.
"Well done son.." he said and fell unconscious.

//time skip//

Hera and the rebels had managed to rescue kanan and Ezra but the poor kid was scared of anyone that came near him. He only trusted Hera but even if Hera was with him he wouldn't leave Kanan's side or let anyone check his injuries. Hera was furious that they used a worse torture on Ezra than they did kanan. She was soon pulled out of her thoughts when Ezra screamed but she also saw that kanan had woken up.
"Kanan..." she let out a sigh of relief as she cradled Ezra.
Kanan smiled softly and sat up groaning in pain as he did. His eyes widened as he heard Ezra's screams.
"Give him here..." kanan said softly and Hera passed Ezra to kanan.
"Buddy it's ok... it's ok.. your on the rebel command there's no torture anymore..." he cooed holding Ezra close.
Ezra soon calmed down and buried his face into Kanan's chest so that no one could see him.
"Has anyone checked his injuries yet..?" Kanan asked a bit worried.
Hera shook her head. "It took a lot of energy to get him in here Kanan, never mind letting anyone help him..." she said sadly.
Kanan sighed and lifted up Ezra's face so that he could look him in the eye. "How about if I sit you in my lap, will you let Hera check your injuries..."
Ezra sniffled and nodded softly crawling into Kanan's Lap hugging his arm tightly.
Hera smiled sadly and started to clean up Ezra's wounds bandaging them softly. "And there.. all done.." she smiled and rubbed his cheeks softly happy when she saw a little smile appear on Ezra's face.
Hera helped kanan and Ezra up bringing them to her room. She got in the bed first followed by Ezra and then kanan.
Ezra whimpered and held onto both kanan and heras hands tight when the room became dark.
Kanan sighed and got a little lamp putting it beside the bed making the room a lot lighter.
Hera shushed Ezra and combed her fingers through his hair.
Ezra sniffled and curled up in a ball between Kanan and Hera.
Kanan and Hera Both hummed a lullaby and not long after Ezra fell into a peaceful slumber. But they both didn't know how long he would stay asleep for.
Kanan sighed and held Ezra close pulling up the duvet blankets. "I have a feeling that he's going to be having nightmares for a while.."
Hera smiled as she swapped places with kanan so he was next to the wall. She wrapped her arms around him bringing him close being careful not to squash Ezra too much in between them.
"Well I'm not letting go of either of you so I think he should calm down when he sees that he is with us.." Hera smiled and not long after both her and kanan fell into a peaceful slumber with Ezra.
Ezra stirred slightly but soon calmed down once he felt Hera hold his hand with the one she wasn't hugging him and kanan with. He smiled and cooed softly in his sleep making both Hera and kanan smile in their sleep.
However this capture will cause more problems for Ezra and kanan in the future, but right now non of them cares because they were all resting peacefully in each other's grasp feeling safe.