Never alone

NOPOV

Ezra sat on the top of the ghost watching the stars above him. Lothal and every other planet was free from the grips of the Empire. We won.. was all Ezra thought but was it really worth it? With all they lost along the way made it harder to picture his future. He may still have Hera but that doesn't change the fact that he lost his father and the other members of the ghost crew. The young boy watched the party with both the rebels and the citizens of Lothal, everyone seemed so happy and he couldn't blame them, the empire was gone which meant more freedom was allowed. Ezra slowly stood up and walked inside the ghost sighing. As he walked through the corridors he couldn't help but glance at Sabine, Zeb's and especially Kanan's room. As he stood outside Kanan's door he felt a hand on his shoulder and once he turned he was met with an embrace of a worried mother.
"Was it really worth it?" Ezra managed to choke out as he rested his head on Heras shoulder as she picked him up.
"We May have lost people along the way Ezra. But we survived.. Kanan, Zeb and Sabine would be proud of you that you finished the fight for them.. they wanted freedom and we ensured that this war was going to end the way we wanted.. not the empire.." Hera said softly and ran her fingers through Ezra's hair. The young boy sniffled and wiped his eyes.
"Do you think dad is up there.. you know watching us?" Ezra asked looking up at the stars once him and Hera were outside the ghost.
"He probably is because his mischievous little boy can't stay out of trouble.." Hera said, rubbing her nose against Ezra's cheek making the young boy giggle at the contact.
"I hope he knows I miss him.. I had loads of Plans for me you and dad once the war ended.. we could've been a normal family without a war going on.." Ezra muttered looking down. Hera held Ezra closet and sat down on the ramp of the ghost.
"Ezra, Kanan knew this was coming. Of course he knows you were going to miss him because you and him were so close you couldn't be apart more than 5 minutes from each other.. but our family will always be together no matter what happened in the past.. Kanan May be gone but we can continue our family like he would've wanted.. how does that sound?" Hera said and sat Ezra in her lap. The young boy smiled at Hera and held Kanan's lightsaber.
"Dad always wanted me to be a Jedi.. I think I should carry that on for him.. and be the Jedi he was.." Ezra smiled up at Hera who smiled back.
"You do that love.. you do that.." Hera said looking up at the stars with Ezra, she smiled imagining Kanan sat beside them making his jokes and him and Ezra laughing together, how it should've been. The pilot sighed and Ezra noticed the change in mood.
"Mum? Dad misses you to.." Ezra said and Hera looked at the boy once she felt his arms wrap around her middle.
"Oh I don't doubt that for a minute mister.." Hera said ruffling the kids head.
Both pilot and the young Jedi watched the stars that passed unaware that Kanan's force presence was closer than they think.
'You are never alone..' the voice of Kanan played that in Ezra's mind and the young boy just smiled.
"We are never alone.." Ezra repeated causing Hera to smile as she watched the party continue.
"That you are right love.." she said softly as her and Ezra continued to imagine what could've been if Kanan and the others survived.
'Never alone'  kanan said through the force, smiling at Hera and Ezra wishing he could be by their side.
Ezra looked up at the Sky amazed as it illuminated with a bunch of different colour combinations. The young boy held Kanan's lightsaber close as he watched the firework display.
"I love you mummy.." Ezra mumbled before falling asleep in Heras arms. Hera smiled and held the boy close.
"I love you to Ezra.." she said and she picked him up, walking back into the ghost. Once she reached her room she placed Ezra on her bed, gently taking Kanan's lightsaber and placing it on the side cabinet.
The pilot looked at the picture of her and kanan holding Ezra in their arms.
"We won Kanan.. I'll make sure that me or Ezra are never alone in this world.. we will never forget you love.." Hera said as a couple of tears slid down her cheeks. She lay down next to Ezra, taking the boy in her arms before falling into a peaceful slumber.