Chapter 6

After breakfast, Leatherface indicated you to come outside. Not being able to say anything, you looked out for his actions. Having a quick change of clothes and grabbing your jacket the two of you left the house. Stuffing your hands in your pockets as the Autumn weather was picking up. The cold winds with leaves turning from green to red to then falling from the trees. The grass was going from lush to harsh.

"So what do you have planned?" You asked.

Leatherface didn't answer, he kept walking as You followed beside him. Perhaps he was taking you somewhere or maybe you were going on a walk, who knew. Instead of walking to the woods you were heading the other way, out of you street.

"But that's the way to town." You stated.

Although you weren't going to town, you were going on a hill walk. The tall tiring hill, that you would walk by and never conquer as...well...it was a hill. Who knew what was at the top, but you weren't going to climb it.

"I hate hill walking." You moaned.

Leatherface went behind you, giving you a small push telling you to keep going.

"Alright alright I'll do it." You said, even though the hill looked massive and tiring.

Eventually you were at the top of the grassy hill. Leatherface stopped and looked around, you stopped as well wondering what he was thinking. Then he went to sit down in the grass, patting the ground next to him, you did what he asked.

"Well...this is something." You breathed out.

He nodded in reply. Around you was the remains of the town, in the north was the town centre which only had a few stores still open. To the left of the town centre was another small neighbourhood which was still active. On the far right of the town centre was your neighbourhood as well as another which was moved months ago. Beyond the town itself was bare open roads. Behind the hill was bare open land and the abandoned theme park in the far far distance.

"I wish I didn't have to move neighbourhoods." You sighed, looking at the masked man who titled his head. "It's cause of the chainsaw murders."

Leatherface pulled the dry grass and fiddled with it.

"Yeah, I don't like the subject either." You admitted.

Minutes of pure silence passed by, wind whistling through the tall grass. Clouds moving ever so slowly. Not one bit did you feel lonely, heck why would you. At one point you would lay back in the grass, pointing at the clouds which looked like something. One of the clouds looked similar to a chainsaw, but you kept that quiet.

***

The wind died down, but the air was getting cold as the sun was already leaving the sky. The moon was coming out with its stars. Many house lights where on, as well as the old street lights. You got up first and stretched.

"Best to get back now." You yawned.

Leatherface didn't want to as he was quite calm sitting there, but got up as well. When the two of you got back to your place, the sky was getting quite dark. Sooner or later Leatherface was going to have to go home, now that you were dreading as you really liked having him around. Despite him not talking but the presence of him was just enough, and the occasional yes and no questions you asked him. Opening the front door to your house, there was a newspaper on the floor. You picked it before walking into the living room, placing it on the table.

"You want dinner?" You asked Leatherface, who gave a nod.

***

Again he didn't use the cutlery but you let him, seeing as he enjoyed feeling the different textures of food. Tearing them up, although he did ask you to do the tricky ones. You helped him and made sure he didn't touch you hair.

"There ya go." You said.

Almost...as he put out a hand trying to reach.

"No, remember what I said yesterday." You reminded.

A small whine came from the masked man, You laughed a little.

After dinner was eaten and the dishes where done, it was time for Leatherface to go back home. Neither of you wanted to leave each other's company, but you had a feeling he had a family that was probably worried about him. Whilst you didn't.

"Seeya!" You waved, and the masked man waved back to.