Chapter 7

A few weeks had gone by now, and you were certainly making quite a friendship with Leatherface. He would come out for one day and spend it entirely with you, although some days he didn't show up. You did wonder if he had a family, but never asked him as it wasn't right. When you did go out you would be enjoying each other's company or you would be inside teaching or showing him things. Leatherface was a slow learner which required patience and calmness when he got annoyed for not getting it right.

"No it goes like this." You explained, showing him for the third time.

Leatherface moaned, crossing his arms.

"It's fine you'll get the hang of it."

Although when the two of you were out, and wasn't wondering about Leatherface's life. Leatherface would be real sweet almost like a gentleman. Why only a few days ago, the flowers were dying before going back into the ground until spring and the trees were bare. There was a rose, a red delicate rose surrounded by the ghastly thorn bush.

"Rose." You pointed out.

Leatherface looked in the direction you pointed.

"Pretty isn't it?" You asked him.

Unfortunately the rose wasn't in reach, and you tried to get it but if you leaned to far you might fall. Leatherface understood what you were trying to do, pulling you a bit back from the bush. He went to try and get it. Leatherface was tall, but even he couldn't get it so he went into the bush.

"Oh do be careful, there's thorns." You said.

Leatherface moaned as he got prickled by them. Grabbing the stalk of the rose with the thorns he got back out.

"You ok?" You asked, taking the thorns out of his suit.

The masked man nodded, wanting to put the rose in you hair. Reluctantly you let him, it still had a few thorns but that didn't matter.

"It's beautiful." You whispered.

Both eyes met each other, Leatherface's heart was racing with so much love he just didn't know what to do with it. He knew the feeling as he had it with Stretch but it felt more real with you.

"Ehhh no!" You stopped Leatherface who you thought wanted a kiss.

A bit hurt by this, he questioned on why you wouldn't.

"Well some people tend to wait a while before they start doing things like that." You explained.

He nodded, still a bit confused but understood some parts of it.

Winter soon came, the day's got shorter and colder, nights became more scarier and lonely. Leatherface would sometimes stay the night, sleeping down stairs in the living room where you would sometimes join him. Still being a bit iffy on the psychical contact.

One early day in December and it was snowing in Texas, the first time you had even seen snow in your home town. Sure you had seen it before but it was in other states as your parents had a going away holiday for Christmas. Wrapping up in warm clothing, (f/c) hat, scarf and gloves were on as you went out in the snow. Leatherface came by as well, he was wearing a jumper over his suit, which was a bit small. Strange striped colours of purple and yellow, which made it contrasting and way out of the masked mans style.

"Is it a brothers jumper?" You asked.

He nodded.

"Looks good." You complimented.

You scooped up some snow before chucking it at Leatherface. Who stood still at the attack, yet he didn't get annoyed he knew he had to do it back.

"Ay that's right." You encouraged.

The masked man hit you and laughed, you picked up another one to chuck but missed. It was fun real fun probably the most fun Leatherface had even had. Apart from when he was younger, and the time they moved in the new house where Choptop wanted slides instead of stairs, but Drayton said no after a few days of having them. Minutes went by as the pair of you were acting so childish before the reality was kicking in. Soon out of breath, as well as a bit soaked from the snow. More snow began to fall, with cold harsh wind that was back again.

"Hey Leatherface let's head back inside to warm up." You suggested, before sneezing.

Leatherface rushed over to you, worried about the cold. He took of his brothers jumper, and put it on you.

"Don't be silly, you'll catch a cold yourself."

Leatherface shook his head, pointing at you saying you needed it more. The jumper may of looked small of him but it was big for you, size didn't matter it was the comfort and the warmth.
At home hot chocolate and marshmallows where served, along with a few biscuits and the carrots for Leatherface.

"You can't dip carrots into chocolate." You argued.

He shook his head and did it again. Crunch.

"Only marshmallows and strawberries go with chocolate."

Winter stayed for four months and then it was Spring.