Chapter 28

Another day, another paper. Although it was a few small (F/c) paper airplanes, flying through your open window. So you shut it closed. It was rainy very heavily the late afternoon, to wet to go out to the shops. Although you really needed to go.

"Darn, I'll just go tomorrow." You mumbled to yourself.

You had nothing planned, excepting either reading a book or something else. Although that just happened to change, when there was knocking on your back door.

"Leatherface," You greeted.

Leatherface gave you a kiss, he was soaked from the rain.

"Why'd you walk in the rain?" You asked, grabbing an new dry (F/c) tea towel. "You could of came tomorrow..."

Leatherface shook his head, water drops came from his hair.

You laughed. "Ok, well you dry yourself off. Then you can pick on what we want to do today."

The masked gave a nod, doing as he was told. His idea was to play Chutes and Ladders, mainly because he likes and it he wanted to practice his numbers.

***

"That's the third time you've bet me, you betta not be cheating Leatherface." You joked, give a light punch to his arm.

Leatherface shook his head.

"Ok well, let's see if you can do it this time."

Leatherface gave a nod. "One...two...three..." Leatherface concentrated really hard on pronouncing the words.

You gave a nod to each of the numbers, giving a few prompts.

"Four...five...seven...six-"

"Five, six, seven," You corrected.

Leatherface put his finger on your mouth.

"Eight, nine, ten." He then quickly finished.

"Well done." You cheered, giving him a hug.

The masked man stayed silent, words in English was easy to understand. Although learning was difficult, with delayed speech, it was quite hard to say words. That's when he preferred his mumbling, knowing you didn't understand it. Leatherface wished you did.

Mumble, mumble.

"Oh ok, you can teach me your language one day." You said, letting go of the hug. "Oh jeez, it's late." You looked over at the clock.

Leatherface followed your gazed. "Six."

"Yes, it's is six, well I betta go and make dinner. You wanna help?" You asked getting up.

Leatherface shook his head, but got up anyways to set the table. Placing the knife and fork the wrong way round. Fork in the right and knife on the left, because he had forgotten.

***

Once the dinner was made, Leatherface wanted to spoon feed your dinner. You cut it all up first, so he could pick it up easily. You opened your mouth, Leatherface accidentally poked the inside of your mouth with the fork.