Ⅱ : The Ghost Of A Headless Boy.

Kristen stared at her manicured nails; they were of her favorite color - blue. If someone would have told her a few weeks ago that she'd be spending her weekend at Millennium Biltmore hotel instead of planning ahead the rest of her month, she would have laughed out loud and called the person silly.

But it was a family call and she had to attend. Her cousin, Samantha was engaged and the whole Sherwood clan had planned to congratulate her and her fiancé. From Kris's great grandmother to her distant niece; every single living body from her bloodline had planned to attend this gathering, even though they weren't that big of a family.

She was sitting in the grand foyer of the fancy hotel that was filled with warmth of mid June. She turned to her right where Rosie was situated on a gaudy couch adorned with velvet frills, enjoying her Granola bar.

Only one thing that Kristen despised about today's scheme was that she was supposed to bring a date with her. It is like a rule for the unmarried ones to bring a date, as important as to vote during election; mandatory but one can always skip. She wasn't seeing anyone; the last person even close to romance with her was John. No way would she ever invite him. So, she begged to differ this year and brought along Rosie with her. She was free, she was swell, and she drove Rosie's ass here along with her.

Another thing she didn't feel very happy about was the fact that Dona was going to be there as well, and she didn't think her dinner would end without one of her mischief that she plays on Kristen every time they meet.

"Seriously, where is your family? We have been waiting.." Rosie drew her wrist to check the time on her watch. "For thirty five minutes."

"I am going to call them to find out." Kristen stood up to fetch her phone but something in front of her caught her attention. Her father plodded with full speed towards them and in seconds she was engulfed in his warm embrace, followed by her mother.

"Oh dear, look at my baby girl." Rodger withdrew and took in Kristen's appearance. "You were so little and so different the last time I saw you. Time flies so fast."

"Dad, we met a week ago. I don't think I grew that much since then."

"Don't mind your father's childishness," Jenna chimed in. "Oh hello Rosie, what a pleasure to see you today honey." She kept her firm hand on Rosie's shoulder and gave us a Cheshire cat smile.

"Hello Mrs. Sherwood," Rosie waved her hand awkwardly. "Nice to meet you too."

The lobby that could fill the whole population of Hawaii was now filled with Kristen's tribe and plenty of strangers who were keen to book a room for them. With the final greetings to the rest of the Sherwood bloodline, she, along with Rosie made her way to their hotel room. She wondered where her rival was as she walked on the shiny marble floor.

She looked around herself taking in the most beautiful hall she had ever seen in her life. The room was very big, adorned with lavish couches and cushions that blended in with the gold and bronze theme. The ceiling was decorated in tawny detailing with a huge chandelier that hung proudly in the middle.

There were delicate patterns traced along the humongous canopy that illuminated light in the room making the atmosphere look like they were part of a vintage movie. Plenty of flower pots and various plants were spread across the corner of the aisles that were red in color. The corridors held the same classic vibes to it.

Everyone shuffled around with their mini luggage to their respective rooms for a short resting time. They were supposed to attend the engagement party held at the hotel in the evening followed by private family dinner.