Chapter Eight.

"Miss Eldridge, please pay attention." Mr. Forbes tapped on my desk. My eyes popped open and my face started to warm up. So many peoples' eyes were on me right now. I twisted in my seat to see Hunter writing something down.

"Yes sir." I nodded my head at Mr. Forbes. I grabbed my pencil and started to write down random things on my notebook so he'd leave me alone. When he walked away, I realized I had written my name a few times. Good enough.

The bell rang and we were all slow at getting out of our seats. I was still so tired. When I did, I was the last one to get up out of my seat. Of course, Hunter was right there behind me.

"So, I like your brother," was the first thing out of his mouth. Not a hey or hi.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him while I unlocked my locker. "I thought I told you not to be friends with him?" Hunter smiled viciously at me.

"Yeah, well I thought I would have listened to you but he's cool." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Everyone likes Reese." I said matter-of-factly. I had no clue why I was saying this for Reese. Not that it was a lie...

"Ohh is someone jealous?" Hunter cooed. I glared at him and slammed my locker shut, walking towards the exit. So far, I still didn't know why this was going to be a big day. No birthday, no celebration, no nothing. What was so special about an ordinary December day?

"Where did you guys meet anyway?" I asked him as I pushed the exit doors open. I wished I had my jacket buttoned because of the cold wind blowing through the air. It blew my hair in my face and I had to brush it away.

"There was a Football meeting. You know, for next year." Hunter said. He stood next to me when I stopped walking.

"That's it! What the heck is so special about the last day of school?" I was talking to myself, but Hunter didn't catch that memo.

"It's winter break. What's so special besides getting out of school until January?" He asked.

"Exactly. For some reason, everyone's been telling me it was going to be a big day." I told him. He crossed his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyes, concentrating on something in the distance.

"Yeah, I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders after he thought about it. I continued walking to the car and found Reese sitting in the driver's seat with Lilly in the back. She had half her body hanging out the window talking to Reese.

Reese looked up and smiled when he saw Hunter. He waved him over and Hunter walked over to him. I gawked at him and stomped my feet over to them.

"Move, Reese." I told him. He smirked at me and dug through his back pocket for something, pulling out a thin plastic card.

"What-when did you get that?!" I asked as I grabbed his license. His picture was really good since he smiled. I had to admit that we looked a lot alike in our pictures on our licenses.

I handed him back the license when I saw Hunter bent over and Lilly whispering something in his ear. He smiled at her and looked at me, a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked. I guess he was in on the little secret too now?

"See you later, Beavis." Hunter patted my shoulder and stalked off to his own car. I glared at his back for calling me that. I remembered the TV show called Beavis and Butt-head, I thought it was dumb.

"What did you tell him?!" I demanded from my two friends in the car.

"Get in and we'll show you." Lilly deadpanned.