Chapter Twenty-Three.

Dedicated to AnifaZuhra! Thank you for all the feedback. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!

______________

There's always a time in a person's life that they felt as if there was a sumo wrestler sitting on their chest. Once that sumo wrestler is off, then they can take a deep breath and get up after they had fallen.

I'm at that time in my life.

And Hunter is the sumo wrestler.

The sun was pouring in through my window, hitting me in the face. One of the joys of waking up on Saturday mornings was that I was in no need to be rushed. After stretching my arms above my head, I tossed the blankets off my body and sat up. The house sounded empty at the moment and I momentarily forgot that Reese was sick. He was always quieter when he was sick.

I stood up and grabbed a sweatshirt. It was freezing because the heat was set in low, so I turned it back up.

"Reese?" I called when I opened my bedroom door. The TV was on and I heard gunshots going off louder than a person setting off fireworks by your head. In a panic, I rushed to the living room to see Reese sitting back on the couch, buried in blankets, with his Xbox headphones on and a controller in his hands. He never heard me come in the room and I knew why.

How could I not have heard that in my bedroom? Feeling frustrated, I walked over to him and pulled his headphones right off his head.

"Hey!" He cried in protest. A gunshot came from the screen again and I saw his person fall to the ground, dead. I suddenly thought of Grant who was on the other side of the ocean fighting for us. I turned to Reese again.

"How could you play this crap?" I asked him and tossed the headphones on the couch beside him. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and my sudden outburst.

"What do you mean? You've seen me play it a million times." He told me. I sighed and ran my hand through my messy hair. It was just a sudden feeling of missing my big brother was all.

"Sorry," I said, "Just turn it down." He stared at me with a curious expression as I waltzed into the kitchen to find something to eat. I pulled out some cinnamon pop tarts and ripped them open. Reese had turned his Xbox off and had the regular TV on when I came back in the living room. I collapsed beside him on the couch and he gave me part of his blanket.

"What's up with you?" He asked me. I shook my head at him.

"Nothing. Just been thinking too much lately. Did you know Jasmine was pregnant?" I blurted out. Reese looked at me as if I'd gone crazy.

"Uh, yeah. Didn't you know? She told us before they left." He told me.

"I already knew, yeah. I was just wondering if you did." I muttered and took another bite of my pop tart.

"Is everything okay?" Reese asked me and turned to face me a little.

"Sure." I sighed and offered him my other pop tart. When he shook his head, I shrugged and took another bite of it.

"Whatever." He replied and relaxed into the couch again. I reached over and felt his forehead.

"Do you still feel sick?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders at me and pulled the covers up over his body more. He didn't seem to feel too well, still.

"Could you do me a favor?" He suddenly asked. I looked at him and waited for him to continue.

"It depends on what it is." I replied before sitting up and grabbing my pop tart trash.

"Go into town and get some good movies and more chicken noodle soup." His bottom lip pouted out and he batted his eyelashes at me. I groaned.

"Really? I seriously don't want to run all the way to town for that." I argued with him.