Chapter Seventeen.

When Hunter dropped me off at home that night, I quickly took off his sweatshirt and handed it to him before running inside. I could only hope that my dad wasn't going to be waiting up for me. But them again, of I was going to let loose and do the opposite of what I would normally do, I wouldn't care if my dad was up and ready to tell at me. Besides, it's eleven o'clock and he doesn't even know what I've been up to today. So it doesn't matter.

Luckily, no one was any where to be seen when I walked inside. All the lights were out and I was ready to go crash. One thing I couldn't get off my mind as I walked aimlessly towards my bedroom was the crazy night I had. It was the best, getting to hang out Hunter all night.

I stripped off my clothes and pulled on a pair of cotton shorts and and old gray t-shirt that I'm pretty sure used to be Grant's. I pulled my hair up on top of my head and got under my blankets, shivering and loving the warmth of my covers. Before my eyes finally did close, I thought about the way Hunter warmed my hands. Is it just me, or does he like me, too?

*****

"Wake up!" Reese yelled beside my head, making me sit straight up in bed and almost scream.

"What?" I tried to tell but my voice was groggy from sleeping. Reese stood up and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"It's 7:30. You have a half hour to get to school." He told me. My eyes widened until I remembered what I was supposed to be doing.

"Oh well. If I'm late, I'm late." I shrugged my shoulders and got off my bed, walking to my drawers and pulling out a t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a sweatshirt.

"Really?" Reese asked, not falling for my façade. I shrugged my shoulders again and watched him size me up, crossing his arms over his chest and looking down at me.

"What's up with you?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes and ditched him, heading to the bathroom to shower and get ready. It didn't take long for me to get ready. I took a quick shower and braided my long, messy brown hair down my back and put a hair band on top of my head. After getting dressed and making myself look presentable in my sweater and jeans, I ran to the front door to slip my shoes on. Reese was there waiting for me, leaning against the door frame chewing on his apple. His eyes were squinted and I could tell her was suspicious of my behavior. There was no way I was letting him in on that.

I let Reese drive this morning because that would keep him from staring at me. His eyes glued to my face was really starting to bug me and I was a minute away from punching him in the face. We wouldn't look so much alike then, now would we?

We drove to the school without one word towards each other. It wasn't an awkward nor a deathly silence; it was a silence where we were both off in our own daydreams.

Reese pulled into the student parking lot and parked the car. We both took our time getting out and his staring seemed to have vanished. I sighed in relief; he wasn't on my case anymore.

I was wrong, of course.

Right after slamming my door and turning around to walk towards the school, Reese was right there I'm front of me in my face. I froze but was almost ready to knee him in the balls and run away. Whatever wrath he's about unleash on me is probably not a good thing.

He pointed his finger in my face and squinted his eyes again. "I'm watching you, Jasey. Something weird is going on with you and I will find out. You came home late last night which isn't like you. Call it 'twin telepathy' or whatever you want, but I'm on to you." He pointed his pointer and middle finger at his eyes and then at me as if to say "I'm watching you" and walked away.

I have such a weird brother. He's freaking out over absolutely nothing.

"Hey, Jay!" Lilly called through the parking lot, making me turn towards her. I did, but I didn't, want to wait for her. Being around Lilly is like being around a lie detector. Not that I had anything to lie about, but this sudden change in personality was definitely going to take some kind of lying I'm sure.