Chapter Twenty-Six.

(Continued from last chapter)

"He grew up, just a little too fast. Lost the need it's all in his past."

-Radio by He Is We

I uncovered my face when I heard a tap on my window. My first thought was that there was an axe murderer slash kidnapper outside my window.

I stepped outside my door and darted to Reese's room. Grabbing his BB gun from the corner of his room, I walked back over to my room and walked slowly over to my window.

I pressed my back against the wall and reached over in a flash to unlock the window. With a deep breath, I cocked the gun and raised it before stepping in front of my window. The gun's point came face to face with Hunter. His eyes grew wide and his mouth went into a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him and lowered the gun.

"I wouldn't make that face if I were you. I just about shot your face off." I told him matter-of-factly. His smirk only grew wider as he rested his elbow on my window sill and his chin on his hand.

"You're going to shoot my face off with a BB gun that's on safety?" He challenged, his expression amused as his eyes flashed between the gun and me. I frowned and looked down to see the gun was on safety.

Feeling my face turn red, I turned around to save myself from embarrassment and returned the gun to Reese's room.

When I got back to my room, I found Hunter lifting himself through my window. I was about to yell at him when I heard my dad call my name. Hunter glanced up at me before I slammed my door shut so I was out in the hall.

"Jasey, I was wondering if you knew where my - what are you doing?" Dad asked when he entered the hallway. I gave him a weird smile and stepped away from my door so he didn't have to come any closer.

"I'm not doing anything. What were you looking for?" I asked in my sweet and innocent tone.

Dad sighed at my shenanigans and scratched the back of his head.

"I was looking for my tie. Amanda wants me to go somewhere with her later tonight and I have to dress up." He explained.

"I think I last saw your tie on the drier." I told him calmly. Dad had only one tie that he wore for every special event we went to. We didn't have special events often, so he figured one tie was enough. Dad smiled and nodded at me.

"Thank you. Oh, and quit being weird. I have your brother for that." He chuckled at me. I gave an uneasy laugh and darted into my bedroom again. Hunter was laying across my bed on his stomach holding a photo album that had been stuffed between my bed and my nightstand for a reason.

Two words: baby pictures.

"What are you doing in here?! You can't be in here!" I strained my voice to keep from yelling so my dad wouldn't suspect I was talking to anyone. Or talking to myself.

"I'm Hunter Smith - I do what I want." He replied arrogantly yet sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and pounced forward in attempt to grab my baby book out of his hands. Hunter was too quick for me because before I could get close enough to grab it, he was standing up on my bed. He thankfully took his muddy, snow-covered boots off before getting on my bed.

"Hunter!" I hissed. "Give that back now, Butt-head."

Hunter cooed and turned the album towards me to show me a picture of baby Jasey sucking her thumb while sitting in her hi-chair. My hair was messy and my face had sauce all over it. I smacked my palm to my forehead and ignored the blush creeping up my neck. Sure, it wasn't too embarrassing. But he was getting closer to the naked baby pictures that mom's always took of their baby's in the bathtub.