Repairing parental bonds

*Y/n's POV*

I can feel my heart beating faster as I look at her. Her eyes are wide in disbelief as she stumbles forward unsure of her footing or what she sees before her.
Summer: "s-son... Y/n you're... my Oum you did it. You found me."

Y/n: "yeah... took me a while but the necklace clue clicked finally."

Summer: *chuckle* "I can't believe its you!"
I stand up and walk over to her. My hands are shaking. I feel tears fall from down my cheeks. Mother smiles and wipes my eyes with her thumb.

Y/n: "momma!" I wrap my arms around her and she tightly hugs me, never wanting to let go of each other. I feel her fingers run through my hair.

Summer: "I'm so sorry. I'm a terrible mother."

Y/n: "*sniff* yeah... you kinda are. But you're my mother all the same." Mother chuckles through held back tears

Summer: "look at you though! My little boys all grown up!"

Y/n: "momma... why did you leave?"

Summer: "I had no choice." I pull away from her in a mixture of confusion and anger

Y/n: "you what?! I was three years old and you left me with them! You know what they did to me!" I turn away from her, my wrist leaning against the central pillar. "Everyday I was beaten and tormented. Everyday I went to bed crying, and every night I'd find the strength to go on because I held on to the hope that my mother would come save me, that I wouldn't have to go through another day of hell. But you never did... you never did come. So I moved on, accepted my fate and became hardened. The things that Tai and the girls did to me... the anguish each day brought. They killed me... so I sought my vengeance and when it came down to it, I didn't need you! I didn't need to be saved, I just needed the strength of my own anger and that's what I used! The anger of losing my family, the anger at being so pathetic that I couldn't save them. So I made them both suffer, I made sure they both felt the pain I had gone through all my life!" Raven places a hand on my shoulder.

Raven: "It seems both the girls became evil and corrupt like their father. You did what had to be done, a bit more brutal than what I would have done but... necessary I suppose."

Y/n: "they killed Ren, they killed Nora, and they killed Velvet. Without remorse. Without regret. So I paid them back in kind. I slaughtered them without remorse or regret. Just pure darkness in its rawest form."

Summer: "I failed you and I'm sorry... but teaming with Salem? Y/n surely you see how dangerous that is!"

Y/n: "yeah well I didn't have a choice did I? Because SOMEONE decided to leave her toddler son with the worst dad since... since... oh I can't think of anything, but you know what I mean! The only confirmation that you're alive I get is three months ago from a scrunched up piece of paper with vague clues as to where you are! And 'for my safety as well as yours'? Since when did you give a damn about me?!"

Summer: "IV'E ALWAYS CARED ABOUT YOU Y/n!... son... when I left I thought I was doing what was best for you."

Raven: "maybe it'd be best if you let her explain."

I lean against the tents main support beam and smirk
Y/n: "oh I can't wait to hear this! Go on!"

Summer: "Y/n... I don't even know how to say this... I'm a conduit through which evil manifests."

Y/n: "in English please?"

Raven: "what she means Y/n, is her semblance attracts Grimm. After she had you it became uncontrollable, so she had to flee for your safety. Every time she's had to leave a place, it's because the Grimm begin to signal in on her thoughts. Those thoughts always being towards a son she failed."