All out of mercy

The team, Summer and Raven were captured. The riders were trapped in the same beam energy Ironwood used on Y/n, an endless cycle of torture and pain which syphoned their power slowly. Raven and Summer were bound and gagged in a similar energy but this seemed to be far less potent, only used to stop them from escaping.

The clicking of heels echoed down the long cobbled streets, to their left was an odd pedestal, the visage of a small skeletal bird on top of a swirling vortex of shadows stood headless. The heels got louder as they continued down the pathway.

Glynda: "I thought you were better than this students."

Nora: "yeah, we're full of surprises. Now what do you want with us?"

Ozpin: "it's not you we need miss Valkyrie. It's Y/n."

Velvet: "yeah well good luck! He's with Salem and... he's not coming to save us."

Ozpin: "I find that very hard to believe."

Ren: "believe it or release us. Those are your options, being of light!"

Ozpin: "ah, so you know my power?"

Nora: "yep, we also know you aren't to be trusted!"

Ozpin: "you know students, this doesn't have to be how this ends. Join our side, and we can fight against Salem, you'll all be pardoned of your past crimes. We can put an end to Y/n's reign of terror together."

Velvet: "I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU SO LONG AS MY LOVE FOR Y/N LIVES ON!"
Velvet hangs her head and begins sobbing.

Ren: "and the same goes for us too! We won't abandon him."

Ozpin: "I see. And you Raven? Or even you Summer?"
Both just glared at him without making a sound through the gags. *sigh* "I'm sorry to see it end like this miss Scarletina. But you have left me with no choice. Cardin..." Ozpins eyes shut. The words on the top of his tongue but lacking the strength to say them. "Kill them."

He walk out towards his office, his head hung low as team CRDL walked up, smugly grinning

Cardin: "this should be fun."

Velvet spits into Cardin's face, tears still streaming down her face
Velvet: "I already died once before. I'm not afraid to die again."

Cardin: "well you'd better make peace, because you're going to die by my hand, and this time you won't be coming back. It's a shame your baby daddy won't be here to see it."

*play song at top*

Everyone's attention turns to the left as the loud yet distant sound of song notes drifted through the still streets, the sound getting closer and closer. Nora closes her eyes and smiles as Sammy launches from the top of Beacon tower with the flaming form of Y/n stood on her roof, arms folded and bones ablaze. He sighs heavily and jumps down in front of Velvet

*Y/n's POV*
Y/n: "leave. My girlfriend. Alone."

Cardin: "well if it isn't freak number one! Shame, I was hoping me and the boys would get to have some fun with the girls before you arrived."

Y/n: "touch one hair on their heads, and I'll make you scream so loud they'll hear it in Haven!"

Cardin and his goons took a step back as my voice became darker and my eyes glow red

Cardin: "one more freak won't tip the scales your way!"

Y/n: "yes, just one freak... well I mean, unless you count him." I point behind him. Cardin turns as Dove falls to the floor silently, a pair of curved blades through his chest and a stinger through his eye socket. Tyrian giggles maniacally.

Cardin: "you- I- WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Tyrian: "Ahahahahhahahah! Oh now Y/n, don't forget the hoarded of Grimm now."

I snap my fingers in staged frustration
Y/n: "gosh darn it! How did I forget about those?"

The rooftops of Beacon become filled with Grimm as the sounds of Beowulf howls get louder.
Y/n: "Tyrian, keep everyone safe while I find Ozpin!"

Tyrian slices at the energy bonds and my team fall to the ground drained. I snap off each of their collars and cradle Velvets head in my lap

She coughs as she tries to quietly laugh
Velvet: "you never listen to me do you?"

Y/n: "it's just one of the things you love about me... y'know I think we should get a pet don't you?"

Velvet: "what?"

Y/n: "well we're here in Beacon, we should pick up a pet. One that smells of coffee and has an internet history that would make even Salem blush?"

Velvet smiled and raised her eyebrow
Velvet: "oh you mean that kind of pet?~"

Y/n: "we'll add it to the list of things to do. For now we... what is that?"
I look at the skeleton bird statue, it's small but well made.

Velvet: "Ozpin said it was the key to destroying the Grimm!"
Tyrian rips the gags out of Raven and Summers mouths

Summer: "gah! Y/n! The necklace! It wasn't just to tell you where to find me! It's the missing piece to the artefact! You need to destroy that thing now!"
I palm the pendant mom left me. The bird skull would fit perfectly on the statue. I throw the necklace into the air and release my rider form, allowing the flames to shoot from my hands and engulf the pendant... the pendant falls to the ground, scorched but still in one piece. I stand on it with all of my weight and it just falls to ash under my foot.

Y/n: "well then. Tyrian! Once you're done playing with Cardin, you are to take that statue to Salem, and I want you all to head back home."

Ren: "no, we're not leaving you."

Y/n: *chuckles* "for once in your undead life listen to me and leave. And keep my bunny safe. I'll be back with our new pet soon." I kiss Velvets forehead before getting her back on her feet.

Velvet slams her lips into mine and holds me tight.
Velvet: "please be safe."

Y/n: "I will. It's Ozpin you ought to feel sorry for, I'm about to cut his career as headmaster short." I run off towards his office. It's time I remove the head from the headmaster!