Chapter 13

The rest of the week went by pretty slowly for Dani, Justin had texted her Monday night letting her know that he was going to be out of town until Friday, but that he would to take her out as soon as he got back. Dani had tried to be patient throughout the week, but Friday couldn't come quick enough. She busied herself by hanging out with Shannon, when Shannon wasn't out with a guy that is. She was able to fit in a few chapters of 50 Shades as well, usually before she fell asleep. She didn't want to bug Justin, so she tried not to send him a lot of messages. He must have been really busy because it took him awhile to respond to her messages, but he always did. Dani figured he was probably out of town for work, most likely a case he was working on.

    Thursday night rolled around and Dani had an incoming call as she was about to start reading before bed. She looked at her phone to see who would be calling her, and she smiled instantly seeing Justin's name on the screen.

    "Hello?" She answered.

    "Hey, Beautiful", Justin slurred through the phone. Dani had never heard him talk like this, so she assumed he had been drinking.

    "Are you drunk?" Dani asked, laughing a little.

    "Maybeeeeeeee", Justin sang. "I just really wanted to hear your voice".

    Dani blushed at his comment.

    "Are you still there?" Justin whispered when Dani didn't immediately say anything.

    Laughing at his hilarious behavior, Dani replied, "Yes, I'm still here".

    "Oh good, I was scared I fucked this one up already too."

    Dani flinched at that comment, not understanding what Justin meant.

    "What do you mean?" She asked hesitantly.

    "You're reallyyyy prettyyy", Justin slurred again. Then following what he said, Dani could faintly hear snoring from the other side of the phone.

    "Justin?" Dani asked. No answer. He fell asleep on the phone with her, she thought that was adorable, but still couldn't get what he said out of her head.

    The following morning before work, Dani had received a text message from Justin that read "Good morning, Beautiful. I faintly remember calling you last night, and I was slighlty intoxicated so I apologize if I said anything embarrassing. I can't wait to see you later :)". Dani smiled at his message, and wondered if he remembered what he had said to her last night. Should she ask him about? She decided it was probably nothing, just like it was with the gay club ordeal, and to just leave it alone.

    She texted him back, "Heading to work now. Can't wait to see you later either :)", as she was on her way out the door. She made it work with only a few minutes to spare. She clocked in and immediately went around to take the orders for her tables, it was Friday so it would most likely be busy all day. Dani didn't care for the busy days because she felt like a chicken running around with its head cut off, but she did admit that it always did make the time fly by.

    The time for Dani to clock out was creeping up, but then Daniel asked her to come to his office when she got a minute. Panic set in when Dani heard that, she tried to think of anything she could have done wrong lately, but came up empty. She had been a model employee, rarely ever late and always willing to help out the others.

    She entered his office, taking a seat seeing that he was on the phone. She tried not to eavesdrop, but it was kinda difficult with the conversation happening right in front of her.

    "No Baby, I don't know a Jessica. Why?" Daniel spoke into the phone.

    Baby? Does Daniel have a girlfriend? Dani wondered to herself. If so, then she can seriously do better. Dani is pretty sure that Daniel sleeps with most of the women who he ends up giving free meals to, and if he did have a girlfriend she would feel really bad for her. Daniel probably did sleep with some Jessica bimbo.