Encounter

"Morning Itachi," I call to my older brother as I walk into the kitchen. "Oh hey Sasuke," Itachi responds looking at the clock. "Hello, Sasuke!" Itachi's girlfriend, Izumi, greets. "You know Sasuke you should get up earlier so you don't waste your time." My father, Fugaku, chides. "Come on, it's still summer ya know." Kushina, my best friend Naruto's mother gives him a hard look. "Let the kid enjoy the last week of it." "Kushina-chan? What are you doing here?" Mikoto my mother asks while sleepily going down the stairs. "Mikoto-chan!" Kushina runs over and gives my mom a bear hug. As far as I remember the two have been best friends that's what led Naruto and I to become friends 'although he is too dense for his own good.' I think to myself.

Kushina turns around angrily. "Did you just think rude thoughts about my son?!" 'Oh crap, how did she know?' 'Probably mother's intuition. Better run for it Sasu-cakes.' My inner teases. 'Stop calling me that or else!' 'Or else what? What are you goin- oh crap too late.' I turn to see Kushina standing over me cracking her knuckles. "Apologize." "Sorry," I say nonchalantly while walking out the front door. "That boy-" was all I heard before I closed the door behind me. "Yo, Sasuke!" My knucklehead friend runs over. "Hey Naruto your mom's in there and she's pretty mad so I wouldn't go in there if I were you." A look of pure terror goes across his. "Y-yeah good idea let's go."

After a while of walking Naruto stops and asks a question. "Hey, Sasuke what do you think about going to school with girls this year?" His face eager with anticipation probably hoping someone else shares his pervy thoughts. "Hn." "Aw come on Sasuke answer ya know." "Like I said hn." "Your no fun at all teme!" "Shut it dobe" "teme!" "Dobe!" "Teme-" "Hey, Naruto, Sasuke." We turn to see Kiba running over to us. "Hey, wanna play a round of Soccer Naruto?" "Sure." He replies and the two run off forgetting that they left someone. "Idiots." I start to walk in the direction of my house when I notice a girl with pink hair through a window. 'Pink hair? Is it dyed?' 'Who cares?' 'I do it's weird.' 'Whoa, do you like her or something?' 'What? Of course not! Just curious is all.' 'Sure, but she kinda looks like-' 'Shut up!' Suddenly, the girl with the cherry blossom-pink hair turned and looked down at me. 'Crap' I was about to look away and leave when I saw her eyes. They were a bright ocean green and full of question. 'You do realize you're still staring right?' Flustered I quickly look away and walk home trying to ignore the feeling of familiarity that's hanging in my gut.