105. Insta

(a)hannahbedal posted a picture

Liked by (a)rfbt (a)timhow1 and 107,206 others

(a)hannahbedal Ballet has literally been my entire life. I started ballet when I was 2, so I've been doing it for 17 years now. I've been lucky enough to have danced with the American Ballet Theatre and the Royal French Ballet Theatre. I've had some of the best teachers, mentors, and friends in the world thanks to my two theatres.
Back in October, I was in a car crash with a few friends where I suffered a concussion, a broken pelvis, a broken leg, broken ribs, a broken ankle, a compound fractured arm, and a couple fractured vertebrae.
I never thought I'd be able to dance again. It's been a long hard path to get back to dancing. I've been training hard for the last two months, and it's been very difficult for me. Pointe isn't supposed to be pain free, but the amounts of pain I've been having aren't sustainable. It isn't fun to dance anymore. After consulting with my doctors, therapists, teachers, and family, we've all come to the heart breaking conclusion that it's best if I don't continue ballet.
I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to dance in Paris with the Royal French Ballet Theatre. They took a leap of faith on me, and I'm a better dancer from being in Paris. I'm also so grateful to the American Ballet Theatre for training me so well. They grew me into the ballerina I am today.
I don't know what's next for me career wise as I planned on being a Prima Ballerina. I'm going to take some time to finish recovering—physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Thank you so much for all your love and support! It means the world to me! xx Hannah

View 731 comments

(a)timhow1 So proud of you Hannah! You've had so many amazing roles. I love you!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)timhow1 Thank you so much! I love you too Timmy!

(a)cmpulisic I'm so proud of you baby! I love you so much! Here's to the next chapter 🥂🎉
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)cmpulisic Thank you so much Chris! I love you too! Here's to our future 🥂🎉😁

(a)abt Congratulations on having been in so many ballets! We love you!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)abt Thank you so much I owe you everything!

(a)clint_dempsey I'm so sad to hear this news, but I know you. You didn't impulsively Male this decision. It must've been incredibly hard for you to try and do ballet after sustaining multiple career ending injuries. So proud of you Baby Bedal! Love you!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)clint_dempsey It was so hard. Thank you so much for your words. I love you too Clint!

(a)rfbt Merci de danser avec nous! Nous t'aimons beaucoup! Bonne chance ma chérie!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)rfbt Merci beaucoup pour l'opportunité! Je t'aime aussi!

(a)antoninmonie 😭 tu me manques Hannah!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)hannahbedal tu me manques aussi!

(a)robertobolle Devastated for you, but I'm so proud of you and what you've accomplished in such a short amount of time. Te amour!
↘️ (a)hannahbedal (a)robertobolle Thank you so much Roberto! You've been such a great teacher! I love you too!