His best friend

⚠️ Mentions of suicide in this chapter if triggering skip the dream ⚠️

No reply.

He didn't say anything.

Like he knew I wouldn't like the answer.

"I-" he clears his throat "I was hoping they weren't going to do anything to us especially after last time"

"Of course they're are going to do something to the gang! Who wouldn't try getting even after that event!" I yelled raising my hand to make a point. "Or were you also hoping that they forgot about it! How the hell would they forget?! It was basically a war zone!" I was now standing with my hands clenched to try preventing me from punching anything. "There shouldn't have been any hope of them not doing anything".

"At least I still hold hope!" he shouted "At least I didn't give up!'

Like he knows anything.

"Yeah, I gave up hope. I gave it up after he died right in front of me!" pointing to the bottom left picture "I gave hope up when you dragged me away from him when I was trying to save him!"

"He told me too! He wanted you to get to safety but you wouldn't listen!" he calmed "He didn't want you to die with him"

It would've happened either way.

With him or not.

I didn't say anything else. Knowing I'll regret what I would say.

We both were now slouched in our seats catching our breaths from the yelling. That's when four boys walked in.

Damian, Cole, Alexander and Elijah.

We were just staring at each other. Me in my seat. Them awkwardly standing by the door behind Finn. Or at least everyone but Damian seemed awkward.. he had the nerve to have a smirk. I noticed recognition showing on the others faces when they looked at the projection but it still seems like Damian hasn't, given the fact he keeps staring at me.

I looked at Finn with a tired and bored look "So I'm guessing this is the new 'inner gang'. Were you ever going to tell me Finn?"

"Well I was" he sighs but mumblings "until you decided to have a yelling session"

Cole was the first to speak out of the group of boys, "When did you think we were the new inner gang?"

I looked at Cole "well when you get 4 new students at school then later getting a call from someone you haven't talked to for 2 years and learning about the old inner gang murder. I just put the pieces together especially when you guys froze a bit when I said Finn's name over the phone"

Looking back at Finn raising an eyebrow I asked, "How do you know of them?" 

"him" Cole answered pointing to the bottom left picture. "I was actually his best friend"

I stood up quickly slamming my hands on the desk in the process looking at Cole wide eyed.

"He always told me about you, Violet. Called me all the time actually" he softly says.

I couldn't say anything.

I knew he had a best friend in another town but I never met him. I didn't think I ever would when he passed.

Now his best friend is standing in the same room as me. The person who knew as much as him as I do.

"Is that why I felt like I knew that name" I said the no one particular. I'm sure no one even heard from of soft it was.