The Gym

My head in her neck, "Isa" I whispered sobbing quietly.

~~~

We were laying on the ground holding each other tightly not wanting to let go unfortunately we had to.

"Surprise" Isa whispered once we stood up.

"Why.. what are you doing here?" I'm glad she's here don't get me wrong, I mean, she did save my life.

"Did you forget that she was staying with me?" Cole spoke. Confused I looked at Cole then to Isabella.

Looking sheepishly to her right, "I don't think I told her exactly where I was staying" rubbing the back of her neck.

Cole narrowed his eyes at her, "I thought you said she knew and was okay with it?"

Everyone at this point was preparing for a fight. A yelling one at least.

"Well yes she did and she was okay with me going over couple towns over to live there for awhile" she mumbled "just not exactly who I was staying with"

Cole looks over at me for confirmation. "She's right. All I knew was she was wanting to move couple towns away. Figured she was going to get her own apartment"

"And you weren't questioning her on where she was going to live?" Cole accused.

I don't know what happened to me but I snapped "Well sorry that a lot of things were going on around that time! She knew that! So I trusted her to have a plan on how she was getting there and where she was going to live so excuse me that I didn't question her!"

"I'm so freaking sorry that I was trying to help myself get better, okay?! I'm so freaking sorry that I was ab-" Isabella cut me off not wanting me to finish that sentence knowing Finn didn't know. "That's enough" her tone stern but soft and I'm sure I heard a quiet sob.

The room was quiet.

Cole looking guilty.

Elijah and Alexander off to the side next to Finn who was looking confused and concerned.

Damian still sitting where he was looking at me intently.

Isabella still standing near the doorway silent tears running down her face.

As for me I was on the verge of punching someone or something so,  clenching my jaw I rushed out towards my bike after grabbing my bag on the way as someone yelled after me.

Hearing someone's footsteps behind me I fastened my pace reaching towards my bike. Not bothering to put my helmet on when I heard the person quickening their steps I quickly started the bike and rode out of the driveway.

Not knowing where I was driving to I continued on my way until I recognized the street of where the gym is.

The gym wasn't open yet when I pulled into the parking spot in front so I got the hidden key behind the 'broken' brick. Stepping in I could make out the shadows of the equipment but also the ring in the middle. Once I turned on the lights I went over to the bench along the wall setting down my school bag then headed over to a locker in hopes of looking for tape.

After I found some I wrapped my hands while heading to one of the punching bags and did my normal routine. Half an hour passed I wasn't stopping except punching harder and faster till I felt something wet on my cheeks. Not realizing that I started to cry I wiped them away heading towards the mats sitting down with my arms hanging against my knees.

Relaxing I started thinking about this morning with Cole's accusations and Finn's concerned look that only made me more upset than angry. Not with myself but to him. He had no idea what had happened last year and was left clueless but I couldn't think like that when I didn't even let the doctors call him not even Isa. I guess I was hoping he would end up finding out somehow and run into the hospital room while nurses try kicking him out or security.

Though when I think about it he probably wouldn't. It wasn't going to be any different when I was just left alone.

Sitting on the mat it reminded me when I was just 10 years old waiting for Finn to hurry up to get some training after my parents death.

*Flashback*

I had just got my hands wrapped in tape by one of the other coaches here so I sat down on the mat to start some stretches remembering what Finn had told me to do until he goes to do something quickly.

The gym was owned by my father's gang but he passed away a month ago along with my mother. Now it belongs to me, in a way, Finn was my father's second in command and a trusted friend despite him being only 15 years old. He was good for his age in this world even if there was men who objected the idea that my father appointed him his second command even as far as leader when the time came so it wasn't shocking that he's the gang leader till I'm ready unless I decide not to go down this path that involves gangs.

"Are you okay?" 

I looked up to see a boy around my age with brown hair crouching down in front of me looking concerned. I didn't know what he meant till he reached out wiping under eyes "You're crying. Why?"

I couldn't speak not because I was choking on sobs but someone who I didn't know asked if I was okay. Being the gangleader's daughter I didn't have much friends everyone was scared of being killed if they did the wrong thing around me or to me.

Next thing I know I'm laying on the ground on my side with arms holding me tightly, it felt comforting while I cried on the boys chest holding onto him tightly back. He didn't speak just humming a small tune.

Once I stopped crying with some hiccups the boy still held me in his arms a little longer till he pulled away wiping away some stray tears and looked into my eyes searching for something. That's when I noticed his eye color they were a light blue but whenever the light hits it, it looked almost silver.

"Are you going to tell me why you were crying?"  he spoke softly.

Normally I wouldn't tell a stranger about why I was crying but something about him made me trust him "My parents passed away and the gym just reminded me of them. My father always liked to go to the gym especially this one" his arms tightened around me again almost knowing I was going to cry again.

"I'm sorry. I know what it's like to not having your parents around anymore. My mother passed away when I was 5 it was a hard time especially for my father who turned to alcohol and drugs" He sighed "He stopped when I was 7 making up to me for his passed actions on how he copped with her death. It didn't last long because when I was 8 he also passed away... from an overdose"

"I don't know how my parents died. Finn never told me whenever I asked" I whispered.

The boy pulled away again but sat us up so we're sitting shoulder to shoulder "Finn?"

"He's my guardian now. He was my father's friend" I stated leaving out that he was my father's second in command.

"Oh okay"

It was silent but it was comfortable.

"What do scientists use to freshen their breath?"

I looked over at him to see him smiling.

"Experi- mints"

Then there was the awkward silence till I started laughing hard falling to my side clutching my stomach. I sat back up once I knew I wasn't going to keep laughing over again like I have for the passed 5 minutes. I don't even know why I laughed for so long.

It was back to the comfortable silence till the boy had to leave, "I'm sorry but I have to go" my smile disappeared. I didn't want him to leave yet. "Don't worry I'll see you again"

Again I smiled "Promise"

"Promise" he smiled.

With that he left leaving me to have the biggest smile I've had since my parents passed.

Then I realized I didn't get his name.

*End of Flashback*

I never saw him again..