remembering things we'd rather be forgetting (chapter 1)

Trigger warning! Mentions of suicide

------------

Error fell deep into the blackness of the void.

Attempting to scatter his mind and soul across time and space.

Some people who thought they knew him may ask, why did it become like this? Why did Error, the so called emotionless skeleton, do something as horrible as this? To know the answer, we must remember, a few days that Error would rather soon forget.

(3rd p.o.v., with error, one day, and one year before the fall)

Error sat all alone on the floor of the floor-less anti-void, (how does that work!?!?!) weaving a doll of Ocean!chara. Error sat in complete silence, or so most would like to think.

Worthless!

Weak!

Glitch!

Go destroy!

Hurry up!

Stupid!

Mistake!

Filth!

The voices all screamed a chorus of insults to the skeleton.

It didn't matter to the glitch.

Every day it was becoming a routine for the lonesome destroyer, bandage wounds, destroy AUs, be insulted in the anti-void, destroy more AUs, fight ink, then repeat. Sure it hurt, but it was a constant, and not having to think about what you have to do is always helpful.

Today, Error was sewing a small doll for a chara who's AU he had to destroy, it looked exactly like them.

He didn't want to destroy the AU, he never did, but for the balance he would always do the necessary evil so that less people had to hurt.

That's why he had saved all the chara's, (or those in her place) and gave them an unfinished AU Ink had abandoned, as they were all bound to the same balance. They were the consequence to the eighth child's genocide. The monsters in the aus never understood that though, so the Charas were always the scapegoats, just like him.

There were, of course, more bound to the balance like himself and the Charas. Nightmare and his gang was another prime example, they were the negative side to Dream and Ink's so called positive.

Error always missed talking and hanging out with the gang and Charas, unfortunately he no longer had the kind of time to do such idle things.
Between the time needed to heal wounds, destroy, and get more scars, how would he be able to fit in the useless things in like enjoyment, eating, and sleeping. They did nothing to assist him in his job.

Suddenly, the glitchy skeleton doubled over in pure agony.

Once Again, two of the more larger AUs had died thanks to Ink making them to close together. -and error not stopping it-

With that devastating thought in mind, Error stood up and made a glitched portal to a random AU.

~time skip! Brought to you by, freaking temmie flakes *insert theme song here*~

When Error had finally made it back to the anti-void, three hours later, he had destroyed 427 smaller AUs, and 13 of the larger ones. It was horrible to know he wasn't even close to a tenth of how many he had kill just today to keep the balance.

Unfortunately, on his crusade, ink had caught up to him and had bashed his skull in, making a new spider web of cracks along the back of his already scarred scull.

For some reason, it was strangly quiet in the anti-void...

Glitch!

Mistake!

Go kill yourself!

Go destroy!

It's all your good for!

No one would care!

Never mind...

Error didn't mind anymore, he has long since learned to ignore them.

... then again...

They were right,.. weren't they?

No one would really care...

'NO!!!! NO...'
Error thought to himself
'For the balance... I can't do that...'

Just then, Error felt yet another mind numbingly horrible pain in his chest.

Taking out his soul, Error spotted a new crack crossing his already mangled soul.

"sO.,."
He said to no one but himself.
"B@ck T0 wO-oRk !-i G3u$$.."

The glitchy skeleton then got up, and once again summoned a distorted portal and, (without thinking) jumped through.

When Error landed on the other side, he looked from left to right.

He was in snowdin...
There was no doubting that... The code said so..
But...

Where was all the monsters? The people? At the very least...

Where was the trees?
Where was the buildings?

For you see, all he could see for miles and miles on end, was the deep, dark, endless cave...

Even the worst versions of Underfell had some semblance of life hiding in their houses.

Error was getting a really bad feeling about this. So as quickly as possible, he turned around, planning to re-open his portal to the Anti-void, when he was met with the stares of thousands, of angry skeletons.

(A/n)
Ooooooooo! Cliff hanger! (Not really if you've read the original or have read anything similar)

Anyway! Hope you liked the chapter! Sorry it was so short T-T I ain't good at keeping my attention on my stories x-x

This chapter had officially been updated yayyyyyy!!!!!!