Chapter 7: Starving

I leaned back in my chair, humming to myself as I stared at the clock for the fifteenth time. There was nothing to do today, and I was seriously about to pull my hair off if I hear another Chainsmokers song play. It was never this slow. Almost all the time we were getting calls about sappy song requests or cheesy shout outs to a supposed "love of my life".

I sighed and tossed a ball of trash across the room and into the bin; being a part of 'Epic: New York's #1 hit station in playing what we're told to whether we like it or not!' sure was boring sometimes.

"Nice one!" My best friend Dinah yelled as she high-fived me. I glanced over at her with a smile and watched as she snatched a random piece of paper and balled it up, "Too bad I'm the Queen B 'round these parts." She took the shot with a flick of her wrist and a rainbow curve to the ball.

It went in with no contest.

I nodded, smiling as I showed how impressed I was. With a smug look on her face, she shrugged, "It's a gift."

I laughed, and just before I was able to take my turn again my phone vibrated. I dug it out of my pocket, twisted it in my hands and unlocked it to see I got a text. I opened it, and with a moment of silence, I read the sentence on the screen.

Green Eyes 🍃: Camzi I forgot my wallet!

I snickered with a roll of my eyes. Tapping away with my reply, I heard Dinah talk in the background, "Same girl?"

Placing my phone on the table, I whirled around in my spinning chair and replied, "If only I had a line of girls blowing up my phone. Of course it's the same girl."

"You sure do giggle a lot when she texts you," she teased as she took another piece of paper, balled it up and shot it in the bin, "What is it today? She want a giant tub of Nutella?"

I chuckled and grabbed a piece of paper to ball it up, "I told you that once and now you seem to think she is nothing but about tubs of Nutella. Anyway no, she left her wallet at home."

"Lemme guess," Dinah drawled as I took my shot and barely made it. I fist pumped as she spoke, "You are thinking about bringing her lunch."

I paused in thought, glancing at my phone as it vibrated. Tossing it in my hands and unlocking it again, I read the message Lauren had replied.

Green Eyes 🍃: I'm going to starve to death! Let my tombstone speak the truest words on earth! Lauren Michelle Jauregui loved food, but unfortunately it was her undoing.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, mumbling to myself as I replied.

Camzii 🌹: I swear to god you are nothing but drama.

"That's a yes," Dinah called as she shot another basket, "No question about it."

I placed my phone on my lap and shrugged, "I just might. I can't let her starve, she's one of my best friends."

"Bull," she called as she threw a paper ball at me, "I'm your best friend and no offense Walz, but you don't try to get these sex points from me."

"The night I crashed her date! I swear to you this boy was trying so hard. I thought I was making it up, but I guess there is such a thing!"

"Aw Mila," Dinah laughed as she shook her head, "If you honestly didn't know that, then I guess you seriously aren't working for them."

"Well duh," I rolled my eyes, swirling in my chair to check on the time, "She seriously is one of my best friends."

"One of your best friends that you want to fuck," she corrected with a smirk, "You have to admit it. You can't hide it from me."

The time was 11:30. It was a little early to take my lunch break, but I wondered if my boss would let me go ahead anyway. When I turned back to Dinah, I noticed she was still watching me. With another roll of my eyes, I danced around the subject, "She is absolutely gorgeous and definitely out of my league. I think the only reason she keeps me around is for the rides and food runs."