Chapter 33: You're Gonna Live Forever In Me

"Why are you crying?" Lauren asked in a soft tone as she held me as I sobbed into her shoulder, "What is wrong? Did she scream? Yell?"

I shook my head, choking on my tears as I tried to breathe. With a broken cry, I mumbled, "She saw it coming– she saw it coming and she still loved me. I hurt her. I hurt her so much."

She rubbed my back, pulling me closer into her as she whispered, "I'm sorry, Camz. I am. I'm sorry you are hurting, but please everything is going to be fine. It's better she found out now than later. It is good that you found the strength to tell her today rather than a week of avoiding her. You were strong and you did it, now you don't have to be strong anymore. Cry all you want, but don't let this ruin you. Get back up. Move forward with me."

My tears flowed never ending into her shirt. I nodded at her words, understanding what she was saying. But as of now, as of this moment, I was stuck, suffocated by my own strength that I had to gain to tell Lucy, but lacked the remaining strength to sit and not hurt over her pain.

"I hurt her Lo," I broke again with another sob, sounding like a repeating record, "I hurt her so much."

"Shh," Lauren soothed each time, "I'm here..."

"I'm here..."

X

Lucy proved true on not being friends anymore. I slipped twice, attempting to get in contact with her. Each time the phone went straight to voicemail, no ring and no pause. She had either blocked me from her phone or changed her number. I couldn't tell which one because her voice mail was just an automated machine.

No matter how much it hurt, I understood that I have lost her completely.

But I tried not to get too sad about it. I didn't want to stop moving and get depressed when I had Lauren right there beside me, trying so hard to work me back into the living. When my thoughts wandered, she brought me back. When I fell quiet, she grabbed my hand and started to ramble, prompting me into the conversations just to get me to talk and interact.

And I loved her so much for it.

It has been two weeks now, after everything, and we hadn't done much besides hang out every single day. I took her to work, ate lunch with her, worked out with her and went to her place to listen to music or do some light drinking. We fell right back into our past, when it was only the two of us with no Brad and no Lucy.

Just us.

And with it finally only being the two of us, we officially got together. I bought her a rose one day. A lavender one because I knew the meaning behind them, and stumbled like an idiot that I would be here for her forever if she allowed me to. I promised that I would treat her right and I would never love another girl in my life. I officially gave her my heart that day, and she accepted it with this terrible blush and a quick kiss on my lips. I mumbled something about her being adorable when she was nervous, and I got punched in the ribs for it.

And that is how my life became complete with the other part of my soul attached. It was through the happiness that I was able to heal. It was with her endless green eyes that I was able to fall into some sort of never ending bliss.

Lauren was mine. After two years of madness, I finally got the girl. The friend zoned best friend who smiled through the pain, laughed through the struggle, and fell during the confusion. After all of it, I finally got her.

And there was no way in hell she could ever leave my side. I was never going to let her go.

X

"I swear to god, if I have to pick up one more damn box I am going to flip my shit!" I complained with a groan, flopping on the living room floor where all my boxes were stacked around me, three to four piled high. As I lay on the ground, Lauren stepped over me, placing another box down before giving me a small glare.

"If you don't get your ass off that floor, I will give you something to complain about," She warned. I hid from her glaring eyes, knowing she was serious. Going up those stairs 20 times for each box was bringing us both on edge. But I couldn't stand going down stairs to grab another!

"I think I will take the latter," I said in a brave tone, automatically screaming in fright when I saw her jumping to attack me. She poked me hard at my sides as I shifted about, attempting to dodge some of her iron fingers as they dug into me. Her pokes hurt like hell!

"I knew this was going to happen!" She shouted, continuously poking me as she complained, "I just knew it! But little Camila thought she could get the motivation to move in on her day off! I knew you couldn't handle it."

"I totally plan on finishing!" I tried to convince as I squirmed, "I swear! But why can't we take a break?!"

"Your last break was 15 minutes ago!" Lauren angrily shot back, "What the hell do you do at your work to make you so damn lazy?!"

"TIME OUT!" I shouted, forcing her to stop poking me. It was a rule we came up with a month ago. If we said time out- the other had to stop for 30 seconds. This time was used to convince or state an argument that would keep the assault on a permanent pause. With a huge breath, I rushed out, "I totally know why you are mad, and you were totally right we should have saved this for another day."

Lauren's eyes beamed lasers of death at me. With a squeak, I continued, "But that doesn't stop the fact that I am totally worn out and just simply CAN NOT PICK UP ANOTHER BOX. So, instead of wasting energy punishing poor little Camila, why don't we have sex instead?"

An aggravated huff puffed from Lauren's mouth. Just when she was about to start poking me again, I screamed, "RED FLAG I still have 10 seconds!"

"I will fucking murder you," She said in a cold flat voice, "I swear when these seconds are up, you are through."

"Oh my god," I shifted from her death grip, "Would you look at the time, I have to go."

I shot up from the ground and darted out of the living room, aiming for the front door. She called after me, "You can't escape me, Camila! You live here now! There is nowhere to run!"

Aw man, she was right. I was fucked for as long as I lived for now on. I laughed as she continued to call, "You hear me?! I will find you! And when I do, it is over for you! I will finish you off!"

"Stop threatening me!" I called, still laughing, "Jeezuss!"

With that, I grabbed another box and brought it upstairs. To my absolute amusement, Lauren was lying on the ground and said to me as I put the box down, "I think it's time for a break."

Rolling my eyes, I told her to get up to help me. We have been flip flopping like this all day. I realized now that we were a lost cause and I wouldn't be moving into Lauren's apartment officially any time soon. So when she refused, I plopped on the ground and laid my head on her stomach.

And just like that, we took a 30 minute nap. It took us a whole week after that day to get the boxes into her place because we were so lazy. And even when they were finally inside, they were still piled high in the living room as we practically worked around them every day.

I'm sure we will get to them, eventually. For now though I'm going to pretend they aren't there for as long as she does. Because if she doesn't care, then I don't mind either. As long as I still have her, I am totally fine.

The End.

The moon's got a grip on the sea
And you're gonna live forever in me
I guarantee, it's your destiny