Part 18

Peter woke up to a shrill alarm tearing apart his ears. He gasped and gritted his teeth in pain. That is not my alarm clock! I swear, if Clint thinks he's being funny...again...

But apparently it was a real alarm. FRIDAY can over the intercom talking over the noise in the most panicked voice an AI could have. She announced powerful intruders had just infiltrated the tower and they needed all hands on deck to take them down.

Peter sputtered in surprise and fell out of bed. Infiltrated? FRI was joking, right? They were in Stark Tower - now Avengers Tower. That place had to have some of the top notch security in the world. Yet they were infiltrated.

Well, he had done it before, but still! He swore his luck was trying very hard to kill him.

He rolled around on the ground, tangled in his sheets for a painful minute before he managed to grab the side of his bed and heave himself up. The arachnid scrambled around for his web shooters and struggled to pull a pair of pants on. FRIDAY's frantic orders weren't helping very much.

He fumbled getting his weapons strapped to his wrist, seriously considering even sleeping with them on at this point. They were so much of a hassle. They'd better be  glad they were so useful to Peter or he would have thrown them out.

His team groggily poked their heads out of their doors down the hall. Peter locked eyes with each one as he finally shook off his confusion. Right...infiltrator. Bad guy coming to get revenge on the Avengers or something like that. They were all half dressed in PJs or random clothing. Peter and Luke were both shirtless while Danny had a fancy zen robe on and Sam just had a sweat shirt and boxers. He was shocked to find Ava in a pair of fluffy pink bottoms that seemed to have Hello Kitty imprinted everywhere. She growled at him and he immediately shut his mouth.

The stumbled shakily and groggily into the living room to find, not the entire team dressed for battle or invaders with high tech weapons, but Tony leaning against the bar with a stop watch in his hand.

"Aaaaaaaaaand," the billionaire dragged out, wide awake, upon seeing them. He clicked a button on the stop watch. "Time."

"Um, excuse me," Luke grabbed his attention. "I thought that there was...I dunno...an intruder?"

"That was a test," Natasha loomed from the shadows behind them, making the teens jump.

"Well..." Nova dropped to the ground from his droopy flight. "Did we pass?"

Natasha's look told Peter everything he needed to know.

"Eight minutes and forty three seconds," Tony read from the device in his hand casually. "To get out of bed and down the hall. None of you are even dressed or armed."

Peter held up his hand in argument to show off his shooters. Ava held up a long dagger while Sam and Danny lit up. Luke only cracked his fists.

"Okay, fine," Tony rolled his eyes. "I totally forgot you guys slept with those under your
pillows. So you're armed and half asleep. You'd still all be dead right now. Congratulations."

Peter groaned at the announcement. It was barley...he glanced over at the clock on the wall...four thirty in the morning. Four thirty! They had three hours before school started.

"What was the reason for this test?" Danny inquired curiously, no annoyance or anger visible at being woken up so early.

"Ask Peter," Tony stretched and opened the fridge, leaving them standing there.

They all turned and looked suspiciously at the arachnid. He threw his hands up in the air, not even knowing what he did. Tony ignored his confusion and poured himself some cereal. Peter glared at the back of his head, trying to use his nonexistent laxer eyes to get his attention.