Part 7

(I feel like these stories are just getting longer and longer. I hope that's a good thing👍. And this is NOT EDITED so...)

(Recap: Peter HYDRA assassin team kill Tony fail Ava caught Peter tortured try again save Ava Tony Peter dad Peter shoot at him...can you tell I'm getting tired of these recaps?)

Tony sighed as Steve interrogated him on the couch. As soon as Clint had gotten the power back up and running, Tony was immediately surrounded by the entire team - who had gotten back from their mission in time to chase the assassins off. After the gun went off they had all expected the worst. It was Rhodey who had found his best friend sitting on the ground of his son's room in shocked silence with a bullet hole in the wall beside him.

"Look, I don't know!" Tony snapped irritably. His son had just tried to kill him for the second time that week and they wouldn't let him breathe! "I closed my eyes and heard the gun go off and when I opened them, he was gone!"

Tony put his face in his hands in an attempt to block his team out. They all shared worried looks behind his back.

"I understand, Stark," Thor put a consoling hand on his shoulder. "Loki tries to kill me all the time, after all. He always comes around."

"But Peter–" Tony's voice broke and he looked up at the god with red eyes. "Peter was the sweetest little kid. I know it's been nearly ten years, and a lot could have changed, but..."

How could he have changed so much?

Tony growled in anger, clenching his fists. "Strucker is going to pay for this."

"Good man! Direct your anger at your enemies, that's what I always say," Thor stood and puffed out his chest, making Tony crack a smile.

"That's some good advise," Pietro admitted. "But how are we going to find HYDRA?"

The team sat in silence as each team member tried to piece together a plan. It was Bruce who's head whipped up first and an idea slowly started to form.

He snapped his fingers and smiled. "I got it."

—————————

Earlier That Night...

Peter jumped off the building and swung onto the next, loosing both the god of thunder and the Vision fairly easily. He didn't think their hearts were really in catching him.

But, to be fair, he wasn't even sure where his heart was at the moment. Physically and mentally. It was going so fast, he was dimly surprised it hadn't burst from his chest yet. The tears on his cheeks had dried up against the wind, though his eyes were bloodshot and his nose runny. His mask was gripped tightly in his left hand. He hadn't bothered to put it on after the fiasco that took place in his old room.

His old room...When he had he accepted the fact that the stuck up billionaire playboy Tony Stark was his father?

He shook the thought away, not willing to get sucked in too deep. It didn't matter. It didn't give him a pass or change the fact that he hadn't killed the man. There wouldn't just be punishment this time around. One of his team was going to die and, if they went back, he already knew who would be blamed.

"Pete, we see you," Danny whispered over the coms. "The building to your right. Sam's going to flash twice so you can find us."

Peter looked at the two short buildings on his side. The one with the hair dryer add had a flickering blue light on the fifth floor. Peter looked to see if there was anyone watching on the small side road before swinging across to the roof of it. The doors to the stairway opened and his team rushed out.

"We thought you died, you idiot," Ava, now on her feet, punched him in the arm.

"You're sorta a hypocrite, you know that?" Luke observed. "We didn't want you to get caught either. You lead us, remember?"

Sam snorted. "I don't think he does most of the time."

"What?" Danny slipped his mask off to show his worried face. "What's wrong? Did you do it?"

Peter silently shook his head and sat on the edge of the roof. The rest of his team quieted down as therapist Danny sat next to him.

"Ava told us about...your father," he admitted.

Peter sighed and swung his legs. "He's still alive. I couldn't...I couldn't do it."

He sensed Luke stiffen behind them. "Strucker isn't going to like that. He'll take his anger out on one of us."

Ava pretended not to notice the way his eyes flickered to her worriedly. She had already guessed that.

"No." Peter's head snapped up at his statement. "We can't go back."

They all looked at him in shock. "What?"

"You heard me," he stood firm. Luke and Sam tugged their masks off as well while Ava sat shivering in her thin nightgown.

"But–But–" Sam choked, not able to get a full sentence out.

"Where else do we have to go?" Luke asked, eyes bulging in surprise.

They all stared, ready to hear his brilliant plan. Of course they trusted he was right. What did I do to deserve their loyalty? Peter thought gratefully.

"I know a guy."

———————————

Okay, shorter then usual, but I'll do a long next chapter of something. I'm only going to ten parts max because I don't trust myself to not make it longer. (This is a one-shot-story-book thing Wanda, not a whatever this is!)

EDIT: Bwahaha it was but not anymore plast me!

Thank you so much web heads!

- Wanda