Part 2

(Recap: Peter is a HYDRA agent along with his super assassin team and their next mission...is to take out Tony Stark. YEET.)

Peter unslung his rifle and prepared it. Connect the scope. Check. Clean the barrel out. Check. Put the stilts on. Check. Now all he had to do was find a proper sniper nest to sight a billionaire in.

He spotted a building about a block away from Avengers tower that was nearly as tall, all the buildings around it fairly short. Perfect. Stark won't even know what hit him.

Peter scaled the side of the building easily. His dark outfit helped him blend into the night and shadows as he did so. He was sure nobody spotted him as he leaped onto the roof and got in his position.

Though it was fairly late, around eleven thirty, there was still a lot of movement on the Avengers floor in the tower. Peter pulled his mask off so that he could look through the scope correctly. It didn't take long for him to spot his target sitting casually on the couch, no idea what was coming.

Peter smiled at his luck. Out in the open. Brilliant.

"Is everyone in position?" He asked through his coms.

There was a chorus of yeses. The team was surrounding the building in a star so that Tony couldn't get away if Peter missed his shot. He rarely missed, though.

He adjusted his gun until it was aimed just right. The scope was locked on the carefree billionaire's chest. Peter breathed in and breathed out. Just another job. No big deal. He slipped his finger onto the trigger and prepared to fire.

Just then a flying blue spot caught his eye. It was heading right for the tower.

Oh no, not now, Peter thought, face going red in anger.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Nova!" Peter hissed quietly. "Get back into position, now!"

"Sorry webs," came his reply. "Can't let you have the spotlight once again. I gotta prove myself."

"You only have a few knives on you!" Luke reminded him frantically.

Ava was panicked. "You're going to get us all killed, or worse, in trouble with Strucker!"

"I gotta do this," Sam apologized.

Peter jumped up and yelled along with his three teammates. "No!"

——————————

"Whatcha working on, Stark?" Clint walked into the room to find Tony deep in thought on the couch, holo screen projecting something in front of him.

Tony quickly closed it. "Nothing much. Old work stuff."

"Huh," the archer saw through the lie right away, but didn't comment seeing how much the billionaire had been thinking a lot about his missing son lately.

"By the way, Steve told me that he's never played monopoly before, which is insane, so can we play it in here?" Clint grabbed the milk from the fridge and filled a up a cup.

Tony shrugged. "I don't care. It wasn't important anyway, I'll play with you."

Clint side-eyed him worriedly. "Yeah, okay."

All the original Avengers ended up playing, aside from Bruce, who claimed he had better ways to waste his time and Thor, who had decided to take a 'nap' at twelve o'clock at night. It was pretty boring, even for Clint. It was almost a relief when a flying ball of light crashed through the window.

—————————

God–Why can't he just–Stupid Nova–Such a prick–Ugh damnit!