Chapter 2 || Let It Begin

[1:00 PM]

Emma's POV

7 more hours till 12 hours of hell begin.

Around my parents I would act as if this was nothing and that it didn't scare me.But on the inside I was terrified.Always terrified for this night.

I walked into the so called "security room" to make sure everything is ready to go.

I didn't really want to go anywhere but there is seriously no food in my house.

I got dressed and decided to go now so I would be ready for tonight's lockdown. I don't want to end up like the homeless....dead.

I arrived at the store and saw that boy from yesterday walking down the sidewalk again staring at me as I went into the store.

He is beyond freaking me out right now. Like what do you want.

I rushed into the store to quickly get away from that event outside and I just wanted to get the food and go home.

I was walking down the aside looking down at my phone to check the time and it was 2:30. Ugh I worry to much way to much.

As I was looking down at my phone I bumped into someone causing them to drop their stuff.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I quickly said bending down to help pick up their things.

"It's okay." he laughed and said in a deep country accent.May I just say a very attractive accent.

"I should have been looking where I was going and not at my stupid phone." I said standing up.

"Seriously it's okay." he said with a smile as he looked up.

He had dark brown hair quiffed up with blond high lights on the tips and also crystal blue eyes. He was very attractive. But not as attractive as the boy from outside.

Oh my gosh I'm seriously losing my mind.

"I'm Nash by the way." he said extending his hand.

"I'm Emma. Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand.

"Well Emma what do you say we go next door and get a coffee?" he offered.

" I don't know. Are you a axe murder?"

"No god no." he laughed. I could tell he was telling the truth by his body language.

"Then I'll take you up on the coffee."

"Good I was hoping you would."

Then we both paid for our items and left walking next door.

-

[6:00 PM]

We spent hours talking and getting to know each other. We got a long well. Also we had a lot in common.

"Oh crap.I forgot about my friend he was suppose to wait on me while I went shopping hopefully I can find him." he nervously laughed knowing the purge was about to begin.

"Okay it was nice getting to know you and good luck finding your friend." I said.

"Thanks. Oh! Let me get your number." he insisted.

Then I pulled out my phone allowing him to enter his number and then he texted himself before getting up and and gathering his things.

"See you around Emma!" he said with a adorable smile.

"Bye Nash!" I said waving him off.

-

I went to the bathroom before I left the coffee shop only to find Mother Nature decided to come and visit.

"Great just what I freaking needed tonight." I mumbled to my self.

Now I have to go back to the grocery store and get home in time. Why does this have to happen to me tonight.

It was now 6:30 and I was walking out of the grocery store having just enough time to get home.

I looked out of the corner of my eye thinking I saw that boy again but then again it was probably just the fear talking.

I walked to my car putting everything in only to notice my tires are slashed.

"You've got to be kidding me right now." I said out load. Why does tonight have to be the night my tired get slash and from the looks of it everyone in this parking lot has slashed tires.

Knowing to remain calm the best way I could I simply put everything in the car and got out the pistol I had hidden under my seat and decided to go back into the grocery store with my pistol hidden behind my back covered by my sweater with extra bullets In my pockets.

"Everything is going to be okay." I told myself to try and boost my confidence.

By the time I had everything sorted out and I was kinda in the far corner of the store it was 6:59. 1 minute till the annual purge.

The music that played in the store stopped and this beep went off signalling a announcement.

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning until 7 a.m., when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all."

Chills went down my spine as I heard the first gun shot fire.

I need to get home.

My only option as stupid as it was was to walk. I was scared to move and try to get out.

I began walking towards a exit when some nasty beer smelling guy came up behind me and grabbed me saying." hey babe your coming with me."

He started pulling my towards the entrance.

"Hey bitch!" I said as he turned around. " I beg to differ." then I pulled out my pistol and quickly shot him the n he collapsed to the ground. Which was now my chance to run.

The realisation of killing someone just hit me but it was in self defence so I didn't really feel to bad.

I finally got outside with my pistol in hand ready to go. Only to see a group of guys beating this poor homeless man in the ally.

Then out of no where someone put their hand over my mouth and said in my ear "don't worry come with me."

A/N

Don't really know what to say. I give credit of the purge announcement part to the movie of course and I hope you all enjoy it.

-

Also guys go read my friends fanfic Magcon Bullies it's super good her user is thatmagcongirll.

-

Also Comment below who you think mystery person at the end is:)

-

Duces guys😊

Read/comment/vote