Chapter 12 || 1 Hour To Go

[5:05 AM]

Emma's POV

Cameron and I walked into the security room only to find Grace giving him the 'I'm going to kill you' glare and everyone else just staring at the screens.

"So.Do we need to talk about anything?" I asked Graces father.

"I don't think so. I mean basically we are just going to hope for the best. But we need to chose people to stay with at all times even during the countdown."

"I'll stay with Emma." Cameron quickly said.

I smiled at Cameron and then I heard Grace huff in the background.

I turned around giving her a glare.

She needs to stop and get over that she isn't getting Cameron and she needs to stop treating me like this because she was the one who let us in and I just came in and I haven't even talked to her and I haven't done one thing to her.

"When they come in we all need to watch each others backs and make sure no one gets hurt or killed.We can try to hide but it won't be worth it. They will find us." He said.

He was right Kyle brung more people and he is smart enough to find us.

What's more important right now is I need to talk to Grace since she has this grudge against me.

"Can I go to my room now?" Grace asked rudely.

"Yeah I guess." he father said not happy with her attitude.

I decided this was the chance to talk to her and try to straighten things out.

"I'll be right back." I whispered to Cameron.

Then I followed Grace to her room.

"Can we talk?" I ask her.

She just rolls her eyes.

"You know I'm sick of you attitude! All I did was walk in here and you just act like this to me. Is it because of Cameron? Because that's not happening! I love him, yes love. I really don't care if I just met him I do so get over it. Oh and what you did back there with him broke my heart if that makes you feel more accomplished." I harshly yelled at her. "it was pretty low but obviously your a low person. I came up here trying to work things out but clearly you don't want that."

I turned on my heel to walk out of the room when I think I heard a muttered "I'm sorry."

"What was that?" I asked.

"I said I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry. I didn't realise that's how I was treating people and I'm sorry."

I kinda felt guilty for being so harsh but she deserved it.

"I accept your apology."

As I went to walk out of the room. I heard her say "Thank you."

Then I walked back over and sat down next to her "Why are you thanking me?"

"Cause no one has never yelled at me."

"Well you deserved it sorry." I said knowing it came off rude but it was the truth.

"I know." she said laying on her back.

"Well I'm going back down there with Cameron."

Then I got up and walked down stairs leaving Grace alone to I guess think or whatever she is going to do.

"Hey." I said sitting next to Cameron on the couch.

"Hey." he said with a big smile.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Still in the security room watching things. I can't stand to watch those people showing us how they are going to kill us. Plus they are just creepy."

"I agree"."

"So where did you go?" He asked.

"To talk to Grace."

"About what?"

"Get things straight and stuff.I think she realised she wasn't the nicest person in the world.'' I laughed.

He gave a small laugh and just looked down with a sad face.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out.

"Your what?" he said looking up shocked.

"I said I'm sorry. I'm sorry I got you into this crap.Im sorry that you could die tonight because of me.Im sorry."

"Hey this isn't your fault. It's his. a Don't be sorry. It was his choice to come here and try this on us not yours. So don't blame your self."

I just smiled at him and said "okay."

"Plus. If this never happened,I wouldn't have gotten to know you better and we wouldn't be where we are now."

"We wouldn't would we?" I asked smiling at him.

"Nope!" he said popping the p.

"So you wouldn't have gotten the balls to come over and talk to me one day?"

"Now I never said that Emma." he laughed.

"I know. Just asking." I smiled.

"I don't know. It would have taken me some time. But I'm pretty sure I would."

"My friend thought you where a hot stalker."I laughed.

"Well she got the first part right." he is said in a cocky tone.

"Cocky much?" I said easing a brow at him.

"Always." he laughed"so about this date?"

"What about it?"

"Well do you want fancy,casual,or?"

"Hmmm you chose." I responded.

"I think I got the perfect date." he smiled proudly.

"What is it."

"That babe is a surprise."he smirked.

"Ahh can I please know." I said with the puppy dog face.

"Nope!" he said popping the p.

"Fine." I said acting like I was mad at him but he knew I wasn't.

"It will be amazing I promise. Probably cheesy but still amazing."

"I'm sure with you it will."I smiled leaning into him feeling tired."I just want this to be over with. I want to go on this date you have planned. More importantly I want to live."

"Me to Emma me to." he said sighing wrapping his arm around me.

"What are we going to do?"

"We are going to fight and we are going to win. I'm also going to keep you safe. Just like I promised."

Then he kissed my forehead.

A/N

I'm back:) Lol sorry about this long wait it's just school started and I had to get settled but hopefully I can still update regularly but it don't know yet.Im sorry guys:( But since it's the weekend I'll be updating:D

-

Comment/Vote❤️🌺