10- Kiss The Girl

The next morning, I woke up when Nico threw a pillow at me.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty!" I groaned at him.

He had already changed and was wearing a black shirt with a skeleton drawing, and dark jeans. I quickly changed into an orange shirt and blue jeans. I went downstairs and we had a quick breakfast.

"Mom! We're walking to school today!" I shouted at my mom who was upstairs with Olivia.

"Okay honey!" She shouted back.

Nico and me made our way to school. All I could think of was Annabeth, our underwater kiss, our second kiss, and us watching Titanic.

"You know what, Perce?” Nico asked as I played with a rock along the side of the street, “You still didn’t celebrate your birthday.”

“So?”

“Well, I thought maybe we could have it this weekend at my place,” He shrugged and I raised my eyebrows at him. “What? It’s been a while since the last time I had one…”

“Yeah, I guess we could do that but not this Saturday, I got swim practice.”

“Then we’ll do it next week, no rush.”

I rolled my eyes and continued kicking the rock along the sidewalk.

We arrived at the school gates and met the Stoll brothers there. My eyes were searching around for a certain blonde, but I found myself face to face with Calypso instead.

“Hey Percy,” she said, twirling her hair. The guys had left so I was stuck with Calypso.

“Hey,” I answered

“I was wondering if you could meet me at my locker after-school for a few minutes, I need to tell you something important,” she said, smirking. I scratched my neck; a few minutes wouldn’t hurt right?

“Sure, why not?” I told her and she smiled.

“You’re the best, Percy!” she hugged me and then walked away.

Women…

I made my way to my locker, still searching for that blonde girl, but she was nowhere to be found. I saw Thalia on my way to class and asked her about Annabeth.

“Hey, have you seen Annabeth today?”

“She’s sick, sorry,”

“Oh, thanks,” I smiled at her and walked away.

The day went by and I found myself walking to Calypso’s locker at the end of the day. I bumped into Luke Castellan who was standing by his own locker with his phone.

“Watch where you walk, Jackson,” he glared at me but I didn’t even bother to answer.

“Percy, you came!” Calypso said when she saw me, and she hugged me again. What was going on with her today? She leaned on her locker and started twirling her hair again.

“So, what did you want to tell me?”

“Yeah, uh Percy, for a while, I’ve had a huge crush on you, remember?” I nodded. “But then you said that you were over me,” I told her

“Well, you were the only one dumb enough to believe that. I was never over you,” she giggled.

Guess what happened next; she kissed me. It didn’t last long cause I pulled away the moment I realized what was happening.

I looked around; thankfully no one was near when we kissed, except Luke who was at his locker with his phone, and I prayed that he hadn’t seen that, or else he would tell Annabeth.

“Calypso, I like someone else,” I told her. If Annabeth found out about this, I would be doomed. She would literally cook me and eat me for dinner.

“Well too bad for her,” She leaned in to kiss me again but this time, I walked away and left her looking like an idiot.

 “Jackson! You’re late!” Coach Hedge shouted at me when I arrived at the pool.

“Sorry, Coach!” I shouted back as I ran to the changing rooms.

After practice, Coach called me and the new guy from homeroom, his name was Alex Turner. He turned out to be pretty good at swimming, but I was still Coach’s favorite.

“Yes coach?” I asked

“Jackson, Turner, I have selected you two to compete against 2 other schools, but it’s not just any competition, very important judges are going to be there, and it would be a huge honor if someone from our school won,” We nodded, but he wasn’t done talking, “Percy, there’s this one special race, I told you about it last year, where only seniors participate and the judges will be giving out a scholarship. If you want to get it, you’re gonna have to train harder than ever, Jackson," I nodded.

“Coach, when is the event taking place?” Alex asked him

“Oh, it’s in a few months from now, a little bit earlier than the end of the year, around April or May, but there’s not a final date yet.” A wave of relief rushed through me. I was going to train hard but I knew I had time so no worries…yet.