19-Prom?

Percy's POV

I don't even know the meaning of okay anymore but I definitely wasn't feeling that way. A few days ago, I had gotten an email from Coach Hedge about the swimming event for the scholarship I wanted. In the email, he said the date of the event would be May 5th. I was okay with it until I checked my calendar and read it said PROM in big red letters with a circle around it. My whole world had dropped at once. I had already planned out how to ask Annabeth to prom with me but now I wouldn't even be able to go. I checked the time for the swimming event and it said from 4 PM to 7 PM and Prom was from 7 to 11. Then I read the rest of the email and it said that Seniors had to stay an extra hour for the special scholarship race/event. I would be about an hour and a half late or something. I hoped she would understand but I couldn't tell her now, as I stared at her grey eyes after she asked me if I was okay, because I had to wait until she actually agreed to go to Prom with me.

"Uh, yeah, I'm just a bit tired, that's it." I lied, and looked away. Annabeth had some kind of power to detect what someone was thinking just by looking into their eyes.

Creepy, I know, but hey, she makes me happy.

She gave me that gorgeous smile of hers and put a strand of blond hair behind her ear. Her grey eyes scanned the place as I watched her.

Man, I was definitely lucky to have her.

Annabeth’s POV

As I walked out of Science, Connor came up to Percy and me.

“Annabeth, I need to talk to you.” His hands were twitching and he looked really nervous about something.

I looked at Percy and he nodded so I followed Connor around the school.

Once we were somewhere alone, he told me to wait there. I was curious about what this whole thing was so I waited patiently.

He came back holding some flowers and gave them to me. I blushed and looked at him weird. What’s going on?

He kissed my cheek and told me to wait for him at my locker after last period.

Okay now things were getting pretty weird. First he gives me flowers and now he’s kissing my cheek? What in Hades?

I went to my locker after school, waiting patiently but dying inside. I decided to clean my locker while I waited for him so I opened it and found 4 big red letters pasted on the inside door. I noticed another flower as I read what the word was.

Then it struck me, the letters were P R O M. Questions roamed around in my mind, like who did this? Was it Percy? What the hell is happening?

I closed my locker and found myself face to face with Connor, and he was holding a banner with a question sign on it. My face turned red as I realized that Connor Stoll had asked me out to PROM, before Percy did.