22- Surprise!

Annabeth's POV

I sighed as I grabbed my suitcase and walked downstairs, where Dad was waiting for me. I hugged him and he kissed my forehead.

“I’m going to miss you,”

“Me too, Dad. See you in a month,” I said as I walked out to the porch, dragging my suitcase behind me. My brothers were playing soccer outside. I approached them and hugged them tightly.

“Goodbye Annabeth,” Said my step-monster, a huge smile on her face. She must be happy that I was leaving, ugh. I didn’t care, because all I could think about was going to visit my mom in Greece for a whole month during the summer.

I got inside the cab and told the driver to take me to the airport. I took my phone out and texted Percy.

Me: Hey Seaweed Brain. Omw to the airport rn

Percy: I’m really going to miss you, Wise Girl

Me: I’ll miss you too <3

Percy: See you in a month, or sooner ;)

What did he mean by that? He probably meant he’d call me on Skype every night and I smiled at the thought.

I put my phone back inside my bag and looked out the window, thinking my step-monster was probably throwing a party right now.

xxx

“Annabeth!”

“Mom!” I threw my arms around her and felt her embrace around me.

“I’ve missed you, honey,”

“Missed you too, Mom.” I said as she took my suitcase and walked me to her car.

“So what’s up with you and that guy, um what was his name? Perry? Jerry?”

“Percy?”

“Yes! That’s the one!” She exclaimed as she started the engine and we drove in silence for a while, but it was the comfortable kind of silence.

“Well, he is one of the sweetest guys I’ve ever met, and I’m going to miss him a lot,”

I heard Mom whisper something like ‘Not for long’ but I shrugged and looked out the window.

Oh, how I loved Greece. The architecture, the places, the history, it was all so wonderful. My mom’s house was a big modern one. She had a lot of money because she worked for the Olympus Gods, an important architecture company in Athens.

I went up to the guest room in the second floor and frowned when I saw a suitcase there, with the initials of S.J. I shrugged and made a mental note to ask mom about it later. I flopped onto one of the two beds that were there and started taking my clothes out, when I heard a knock on the door.

“Coming, Mom,” I walked to the door while humming along to Superheroes by The Script.

“Surprise!” I gaped at the green-eyed boy standing on the doorway to the guest room.

---------

My dear demigods, I am back!

Just wanted to say happy late birthday to Percy <3 <3

I'm sorry it's short and bad but I'll update soon since I have lots of free time for the next week 

Summer is almost over :'(

Peace out,

Nico.