1st Meeting

Present Day

I had started becoming drowsy as Haknyeon gently stroked my hair. "Are you ready for a nap?" I slightly nodded then felt myself being lifted up. He carried me to my bed then tucked me in. "I'll stay by your side until you fall asleep, okay?" "Don't go..." "Alright." "Tell me a story!" I looked at him expectantly hoping for a new story. "Hm, there once was a cynical guy named Haknyeon and a naive child named Sangyeon." "They have the same names as us!" "Shh..."

Flashback

I quietly watched TV as Younghoon walked in with a bag of marshmallows. "I said don't start without me!" He hit my arm as he sat down next to me. "Ow! You're gonna give me an ouchie..." He handed me a marshmallow as an apology and I happily accepted it. "Is he coming today?" "Mhm! Chanhee he recommended him." "I hope he's nice..." I patted Younghoon's head as he leaned against me.

The doorbell rang and I excitedly got up and ran to the door. I opened the door and hugged the man in front of me. "You seem really happy to see me." "Come in, come in!" I pulled him inside and showed him to the living room. I noticed Younghoon was no longer in the living room and I wondered where he was. "Stay here." "You got it." I hurried to our room and saw him hiding. "Come out and meet him. For me?" "Fine..."

"So this is the friend. You're very cute." I couldn't help but laugh as Younghoon had hid his face. I heard the rustling of a bag and saw Haknyeon holding one up. "One ttebokki deliver for little Sangyeon." I happily took the food from him and felt nothing but awe and excitement. "I'm willing to share some on one condition." "And what would that be?" "Play a card game with us!" "If that's what you want, then I shall grant it."

"Hey, you're cheating!" I pouted as Haknyeon had put down all the cards in his hand. "Call it smart playing." "Well, I don't like your 'smart play'!" He had laughed then patted my head. I quieted down as the action was rather comforting and completely unlike Younghoon's. "So, what else do you want to do today Sangyeon? Take a walk? Go see some pets?" "Pets! Pets!" He held out his hand and I excitedly took it. "Bye, Younghoon." He quietly waved as we left through the front door.

I ran around enthusiastically looking at each and every animal. "It's so furry..." "And this is one is really cute!" I continuously praised the animals and looked at Haknyeon for confirmation. "Are you glad we came?" "Very!" He gave me a smile and I returned the gesture. "Let me know when you're ready to go back home or do something else." I watched him walk away and wondered if he wasn't fond of animals.

"I want to have a lot of pets, a big house and lots of money!" "That's a cute dream." "And the house would be made out of my favorite food and Younghoon, the pets and I would eat it together." "Then where would you live?" I hadn't thought of that. My mood had dropped and I felt less peppy. "B-But it's a good idea! I'm sure Younghoon would love it..." "Yeah!" I skipped on ahead feeling better with the thought of Younghoon. I started skipping backwards and not too long after, I started falling back.

"Where does it hurt...?" "My behind..." Tears stung my eyes as I didn't like the pain I felt. "Don't cry...I'll treat you to ice cream if you don't." I looked up at him and tried my best to hide my tears. "Take my hands." I took his hands and he helped me up. "Now let's go get that ice cream!" I happily held his hand as we made our way to the nearest ice cream shop.