7th Meeting

Present Day

I flicked his forehead in anger and annoyance. "You promised!" "But I let you do this as an apology." I crossed my arms and pouted. He knew I didn't like broken promises. I thought he had learned his lesson when he first did it, but I guessed wrong. "How about I buy you marshmallows?" I huffed and turned away from him. "Marshmallows and I take you out to a buffet?" I was sold.

Flashback

We all stood outside the building as a few firemen went inside. "Really think there's a fire?" "Not sure, Kev." I sighed then wondered what I'd do without my things. "Well, until things are cleared up, you all can take a half hour break." I looked at Kevin and he shrugged in return. "Pizza?" "Why not." Most of the other employees had dispersed and so we headed in the direction of the nearest pizza place.

"Our friendship is over if you order pineapple pizza." "But it's good." "I'm not joking." "Whatever. I still have others." I rolled my eyes then ordered my slice. I turned around to head back to our table then crashed into someone. "Ah, I-" I couldn't help but stare. "Sang-oh. Hello there, Haknyeon." "Hey. What a place to run into you both..." I gave him a hug, but was immediately pushed away. "I uh, no." He turned around and left just as soon as he came in. "Just gonna stand there or go after him like they do in dramas? Well, they do either or..."

"Haknyeon!" "What." "Why-" "This is outside of business hours and you're not in your little state. Why does it matter?" I started becoming annoyed with him. "What's wrong with wanting to be friends, friendly even?" He sighed then kept walking. I couldn't understand him. "Haknyeon..." "Now what?" "Promise me something." "This'll be rich." "Promise you'll always accept my requests from now on." "Fine, fine." I was confused by his change in attitude as he always seemed so nice. Was it front he used when doing his job?

ㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸ

A week had passed and I decided to play hooky from work to have fun with Haknyeon. I was naturally scolded by Younghoon and told I wouldn't be able to have any marshmallows today for doing so. I looked in the cabinet and jar to see if he was serious. I frowned as it turned out to be true. "Hoonie is a big meanie." I doubled checked to see that my request was sent and saw that there hasn't been a confirmation. (a/n: it seems forced doesn't it? there's a reason why so...) I decided to watch TV to pass the time as I waited.

I checked for the nth time then saw I had a notification. "R-Refused...?" I reread multiple times trying to find the reason in the message, but I couldn't manage to find anything. "He promised..." I felt tears stinging my eyes and I quickly wiped them away as they fell. It was too late to request again for the day which frustrated me more. "Why...He promised..."