11th Meeting

Flashback

I looked at the navy velvet pillow then flipped it around. I stared at the yellow heart that was now facing me. It was more of a pastel and had a furry feel to it. "This is dumb." I went back to work and pushed the thought of the pillow and Haknyeon aside. My phone dinged and I peered over to see what the notification was. I felt a bit disappointed to see it was just junk mail. What was I hoping for? For him to send me a picture of the pillow? It was absurd. I looked back at my laptop and tried getting my work done.

ㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸ

I happily made two stuffed toys fight each other in a battle to the death. I heard the door open and saw Younghoon walk in eating ice cream. "Share with me." "No." He stuck his tongue out at me and hurt my feelings. "Hey. What's this?" I looked and saw he was going to touch my pillow with his sticky hands. I snatched it up before he could get a hold of it. "Wash your hands first." "Fine." He left the room then came back. He held his hands out to me and I checked to make sure they were clean. "Now you can touch it." "It's cute. Why'd you buy it?" "So Haknyeonie can remember me!"

My phone dinged and I hurried over to it. "Haknyeonie!" "Huh? He said something?" I nodded enthusiastically then opened the notification. "It's the pillow!" "He has one too?" I nodded then sent him a message back. "I like Haknyeonie." "Really? In what way?" I looked at Younghoon in confusion. There was more than one way to like someone? "I don't understand." "Do you like Haknyeonie in a friendly way or the way adults do?" "I don't know. I don't know the difference between the two." Younghoon shrugged then hopped into bed.

ㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸㄸ

I stretched out then noticed Haknyeon had sent a picture of him holding the pillow close and posing. "Why is he so cute..." I found myself smiling at the photo then was startled by Kevin slamming his hand on my desk. "You've been looking like an idiot all day. What gives?" I showed him the photo and I could tell he melted too. "Alright. I'll let this slide. So, are you two official?" "Huh?" "Don't act all innocent. You two have been real close lately." "And? Friends can't be close?" I huffed and didn't like the fact that Kevin was discovering things.

I stole a fry from Kevin then noticed his phone had lit up. "Cutie? Now who's this..." "Ah, you mind watching my phone? Gotta go." He rushed off towards the restroom and I took the opportunity to snoop through his phone. I went to his messages and tapped on his and "cutie"'s chat. "Oh ho ho ho..." I took photos of the chat with my phone then saw a familiar face. "Isn't this..." I quickly exited the app then placed his phone back as he had started walking back. "So, do you like Haknyeon?" "No." "Why not?" "It's merely professional. That's all." I took another fry then busied myself on my phone.

Present Day

"Nice day isn't it?" "Yeah, sure." I looked at him and wondered why he was in such a sour mood. "Have you forgotten?" "Forgotten what?" He rolled his eyes then walked on ahead. "Sangyeon!" "I'm going home! If you can't even remember something meaningful as this I-" I silenced him with a kiss then smiled softly. "I know today's the day we first met. I was waiting for you to decide where you wanted to go." He looked away from in embarrassment then cutely mumbled where he wanted to go.