9th Meeting

Present Day

"Why isn't he here yet..." I angrily bit into a cherry then winced as I had hit the pit in the process. The door bell rang and I reluctantly got up to answer it. "What took so long? You said it was right down the street." "Ah, I forgot they were closed. Now take these because my arms are becoming numb." I took a few bags and wondered what in the world he bought.

Flashback(Haknyeon)

I clicked refresh nonstop hoping for something new. "You know that's not going to help." I looked at Jacob who was eating cereal while working. "Did you really not have time to eat this at home?" "I told you, I woke up late." I shook my head then went back to refreshing the page. I felt my chair slide sideways and I was now looking at a different screen. "Watch this with me." He clicked play and some childish TV show started playing. "What is this?" "Researching? Haknyeon, I know you aren't very creative, but being oblivious is a big no." I turned my attention back to it and wondered what kind of educational value it had.

"I have so many questions hyung." "Oh my god, you're worse than my mom." "What's all the fuss?" Sunwoo leaned on my shoulder and looked down at the screen. "Oh! I love this show. And apparently one of my littles did too." "What are we doing? A group huddle?" Changmin had joined in as well then briefly screeched in our ears. "This show! It's complete gold. You'd have to be crazy not to like it." I didn't understand the fuss about a show that was basically about talking shapes constantly getting into trouble. "Hyung, may I have some cereal?" "I can't believe you just asked me that. I'm still not over what you did the other night." "I said I was sorry and gave in to your demands." Jacob rolled his eyes and turned away from Sunwoo.

I decided to go out and get lunch alone as I didn't feel like dealing with dumb, dumber and dumbest. Lunch break was the only time I was able to get away from them. I wanted something light as I was recovering from last night's heart attack.* I entered a store and ordered a salad, hoping it would fill me up and satisfy me until I got home. I looked to my side and saw someone's side profile that seemed rather good looking. They turned slightly and I nearly gasped from shock. "Sangyeon? Oh god..." I mentally face palmed myself as I should've realized earlier. "What is he doing here anyway...?"

I quietly eyed Sangyeon as he happily chatted with a woman sitting across from him. Who was she? Was he confident enough to date people knowing he can go into little space at any given time? I found myself showing more concern than I realized then looked away. "I just hope he finds someone who can care for him properly. That's all. Yeah..." I looked up and had made brief eye contact with him. I quickly looked away and hoped he hadn't seen me.

I got up to throw out my trash and saw that Sangyeon and the woman showed no signs of leaving. Should I say hi before going? I decided not to as I figured they were discussing important matters. I exited the store then sighed. I hated attachment, but I knew I had probably become attached without realizing it. "Haknyeon."

I turned around and saw Sangyeon approaching me. "Oh, hey..." "I didn't know you eat around here." "I usually don't..." He nodded and I wondered if that's all he had to say. "Here." He handed me his business card with a phone number circled. "Call this number at 8pm tonight. Please." I was beyond confused but curious at the same time. "Alright."