Chapter 16: Extremely Weird

Amber's clawmate was acting extremely weird in the morning. And she was pretty sure it wasn't from her awkward secret.

It had started when Amber had woken up late. Typhoon was also sound asleep. She had bounded over and shook him awake.

"By all the moons," he muttered sleepily. "That guy is a psycho."

"Uh, Typhoon?" Amber asked, shaking him again.

Typhoon's eyes popped open. He leaped up and banged his head on the ceiling.

Amber took a step back. "Okay...you can get up yourself, I guess."

Then at breakfast. They had been eating with Scorch, who looked like she hadn't slept, either, and with Leaf, who was a pale-gray color and somewhat subdued.

"Hi," Comet had just come over. "Can I sit down?"

"Sure!" Amber replied, scooting over from Typhoon to make room. Comet plopped down, grasping a chicken in his claws.

Typhoon suddenly jerked away from the NightWing, almost knocking Leaf over. Comet stared at him, then suddenly looked horrified. It was there for a second, but suddenly it was gone. Maybe she'd imagined it.

But still, something was going on between them. And she intended to find out what it was. Amber was almost relieved when the gong rang once, calling them to music class in cave 7. Maybe this would clear Typhoon's head.