chapter 3

~Quick Recap~

"After I got my homework done I looked at the time, "8:21. Dust might be awake." I looked at Venny, "I don't want you guys and girls to make a mess." They all had a sad aura come off of them, "Fine. I'll leave you out, but if I come back home to a messy house, you'll all be in trouble. I'll be back around 11." I smiled and called Dust, "Hey Dusty. I'm done, may I come over?" "Oh, sure Kills!" "I'll have to come back home around 11 tho." "Why?" "Venny." "Ohh! It's fine!" I smiled, "See you in a bit!" "Yep!" Dust hung up and I walked out, again trying to not fall off of the stairs. I sighed as I felt the cold air on my hot bones. I started to walk to Dust's house when I saw Mr. Nightmare."

~Nightmare's POV~

I walked home instead of taking the car because it broke down. I'll get it fixed tomorrow. I walked into the house and My brother was sitting on the couch, with the gymnastics teacher, Cross, making out. I sighed and sat my stuff down, "Hey, Dream." I smiled and waved a little as I walked up to my room.

~Time skip to 8:00~

My brother was being annoying. He said I messed something up? I'm not sure, I'm not even listening to him, "Nightmare! Are you even listening to me!?" I nodded, not hearing clearly what he said, "Wait, what?" Dream sighed, "Why did you move my diary?" I shook my head, "I didn't." He nodded "Yes, you did! When you cleaned my room!" I shook my head again, "I didn't." Dream sighed, "Where did you put it?" "Nowhere." "You put it somewhere!" "I told you, I didn't touch it!" "Yes, you did!" "No, I didn't!" "Just tell me!" "I didn't do anything with it, Okay!?" I ran out of the house, not wanting to turn into my..... other form. Once I stopped running, which wasn't a long time, I looked around and sighed, 'I hate how our house is so fancy and yet so close to the bad side of town.' I saw a figure walk down some stairs, so I paused, ready to attack them. I see a lot of people get attacked down here but never get to them soon enough. The other figure paused also, they tried to go around me? I think they think I was facing the other way. The figure then went into some light. I know who it is! "Killer, what are you doing down here?" He jumped a little, "What are you doing here? On this side of town?"

Killer looked away then said, "Wh-what are you doing over here?" I chuckled a little, "Well, I got in a small fight with my brother." Killer ran to me, "Are you okay!?" I saw he had a little blush, I think I did also, "Hehehe. Yeah, I'm fine. We just verbally fought." I smiled, "Now, you?" He looked at the ground this time. He whispered something I couldn't hear.

~Killer's POV~

"I-I live here." As far as I could tell, looking out the corner of my eye, he looked confused. I now knew my eye lights weren't showing right now, "What was that?" I was a little happy, 'I get to make something up! He didn't hear me! But I don't want to lie to him...' I sighed out of disappointment, 'I guess I'll tell the truth..' I looked up at Nightmare, tears pricking my eyes, daring to fall, "I-I live around here." Nightmare's eyes widened, "You, what!?" I started to cry, I couldn't hold them anymore. I looked down not wanting to look at him, "I-I'm *hic* sorry! I-I didn't want to *hic* lie to you." I felt some arms pull me into a hug. I leaned my head on the chest that was there. The hands that hugged me patted my back and the other pet my skull, "I'm *hic* sorry." A calm voice sighed and said, "It's fine Killer. Where were you going anyway?"

I blinked my tears away and leaned the side of my skull of his chest, "D-Dust's house. We were going to play some games or- I might stay the night." Nightmare nodded, "Do you want to walk with me? It'd be safer." I put my hand in my coat pocket and tightly held my pocket knife. I sighed, "Sure." I really didn't want to use my knife anyway, killing wasn't my thing anymore. Nightmare smiled. He pulled my face to look at him and wiped my tears off, "There's no need to cry anymore, Killer." I smiled, "W-we should start. It's a long walk from here to his house." Nightmare smiled and I walked out of his hug. We started to walk and talk about random stuff. He asked me, "What do you want to be when you're of age?" I thought for a bit, "A bunny vet." Nightmare tried to hold in a laugh, "I think I now know how much you like bunnies." I smiled, "If you could change your job, what would you change it to?" Nightmare smiled and put an arm around me, I blushed from this. He responded with, "Nothing. If I was to change my job, I would have never met you." I just blushed more and smiled. We kept on walking and talking about stuff. He did ask me if he was his favorite teacher, so I answered truthfully, "Yes." Nightmare smiled, "Well, you're my favorite student." What did that make me do? Blush! More! Nightmare laughed, "Why are you turning a bright red?" he sort of mocked me

"N-no reason!" I then remembered something, "Y-you said, in class, that you saw my d-drawings?" Nightmare blushed a bit, "Yeah. I did." I looked away and asked, "Did you see the last one?" Nightmare also looked away, "Y-yeah. I did." I looked at him quickly, "I-I'm so sorry Mr. Nightmare!" Nightmare laughed, "You don't need to keep apologizing. But it was...... creative of you to draw that." I blushed, "I-I didn't even know I drew that! I-it just came out! I-I'm really sorry!"

~Hello My People! New Chapter! I know I haven't done this in a bit, so here ya go!

Words: 1032 (the story not this)

Inspirational Quote: Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/kevyn_aucoin_358534?src=t_inspirational

Inspirational Picture: