ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

┌ ┐
ᴇʏᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇʜᴏʟᴅᴇʀ
└ ┘

┌                                                     ┐ᴇʏᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇʜᴏʟᴅᴇʀ└                                                     ┘

Marie Jana struggled against the arms that dragged her through the rich desert. The heat beating down on them seemed somehow worse here. Maddie Clark sunk to her knees momentarily as her daughter Alicia explained what they were looking for...Nick Clark. The boy had left them, going on his own journey which his mother and sister had considered to be selfish. MJ didn't particularly care, she'd never viewed the clarks as family, even in this tough situation they found themselves in.

They were all walked to a set of gates, conrete walls to match. The men that carried them didn't speak as pleas of all sorts fell upon deaf ears.

"Dad!" Marie couldn't help the desperation in her voice as she watched Travis Manawa being taken to a seperate vehicle. Her father looked back, offering a reassuring look that did the opposite of intended. "Hey, where are you taking him?" MJ's voice became hoarse from her shouts and her will to break away from the hands holding her increased. Though, nothing could be done as the trio of Maddie, Alicia and Marie were seperated from Travis.

"Marie, everything's going to be aliright." Madison Clark attempted to calm the raging teen as she repeatedly hammer her arm against the car window. "MJ!"

The girl in question turned to Maddie, chest heaving as she let out angered breaths through her teeth. "Until you can say for sure where he is and what these people want with him, you don't know that things are going to be fine." With that the nineteen year old turned her back to the blonde, knowing that any more struggling would be useless at this point.

The three girls were lead from the vehicle they had been forced into. None of them went quietly, that was evident as their voices broke with their repeated refusal to comply. Familiar hands dragged the trio towards a building. There was nothing special or particular about this place but the idea of it being their prison gave it an unmistakable aura of repression. The blinds that guarded the interior's identity seemed strangely menacing as they concealed what they would walk into.

Marie, Alicia and Madison were greeted with a frosted glass door, the words upon iy helping to identify this as a room of importance. A soldier dressed solely in his uniform held up a hand, opening the door before gesturing his two fingers in a 'come hither' motion. First to step forward was Maddie Clark. She appeared unbothered as she squared her shoulders and marched without a second thought. For those who knew her, Alicia and MJ included, the way Madison ran her perspiring hands over the back of her stained jeans was a sure sign of the mother's nerves.

Alicia Clark was waved through next, a member of the Clark family that Marie Jana Manawa could actually tolerate. The pair had a few things in common, enough to secure an acquiantance but not quite a friendship. The new world had certainly put a level of strain on their already weak relationship. The teen glanced back to MJ, offering a smile that somewhat soothed the hornets nest that settled in the nineteen year old's stomach.