ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

┌                                                     ┐
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ғʀᴏɴᴛɪᴇʀ
└                                                     ┘

┌                                                     ┐ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ғʀᴏɴᴛɪᴇʀ└                                                     ┘

Marie Jana Manawa found her gaze falling upon Troy Otto naturally. The hatred she felt for the man was indescribable and she wanted nothing more than to hurt him for what he'd done to her father. Travis was a good man, stubborn at times, but his other qualities redeemed that factor. He was certainly undeserving of the treatment he'd received.

Wincing as the final shard of glass was pulled from her skin, MJ offered a small thanks to the infirmary staff before her expression once again deadened. The bandages wrapped around her stitched wounds were tight, constricting even, in order to prevent further blood loss.

Like wasps in a jam jar, Maire was searching for any oppurtinuty to flee, becoming aggravated and restless in the process. Her knee bounced with nervous energy as her tired eyes searched the facility - she couldn;t remember the last time she's properly slept. A hand came to rest upon the teen's leg, an action that startled MJ until she noticed who the caloused fingers belonged to. "Dad."

The pair united in a foreful embrace, unable to portray their relief with words alone. Tears sprung to MJ's eyes, an emotion she was quick to blink away at Travis retracted slowly. His blood soaked hands came to meet his daughter's face, leaving marks she didn't care to acknowledge. "I'm happy you're safe." Travis Manawa's words were pain filled, as if the weight of Marie Jana's fate had been bearing solely upon his shoulders.

"You don't need to worry for me, papa." MJ offered a halfhearted smile, the most she could muster as a cold silence fell between them. They were words she muttered often and every time they had less of an impact. With the teen's actions so abrasive and thoughtless, her father was bound to worry for her wellbeing - of course he did.

Marie Jana opened her split lips, ready to apologise for causing her dather such grief. "Mondters!" Panic immediately flooded the teen's veins as the walking dead came into sight. There were hundreds of them, blood thirsty and unstoppable. Both Manawas found themselves weaponless, a situation that was dead in the zombie apocalypse. MJ was the first of the two to react, flipping the chair she was previously sat on and stomping at one of its legs until it broke with a satisfying crunch. She repated the action and handed the makeshift weapon to her father. It wasn't much but it was certainly better than nothing.

"Head for a truck MJ." The brunette nodded as her tired eyes searched the facility for any escape. The pair pounced towards the undead, scrambling brains with a sharp stab through the eye-socket. There were too many. "We clear a path and then make a break for it!" Travis Manawa glanced over his shoulder to the teen. Seeing her nod, the pair broke away from each other, not looking back as their legs carried them further into the chaos.

Within seconds Marie Jana found herself surrounded, but she wasn't alone. Maddie and Nick Clark clutched makeshift weapons of their own, defending themselves constantly as all three of them inched closer to each other, unable to see a working vehicle in their vicinity. Suddently there was a screech, followed by gunshots. It was Troy Otto and his men, manically shooting down the undead as me motioned for MJ, Madison and Nick to get into the truck. Though hesitant, Marie Jana obliged, taking a final glance over her shoulder to try and locate her father.

She couldn't find him.

MJ had fallen victim to the clutches of sleep, her blood stained hair concealing most of her gorgeous features as she leant against Maddie's shoulder. "She hates me, doesn't she." Troy commented with a sadistic smile, though the intent didn't quite reach his eyes. The man who was arguably a psychopath had retired his seat as driver and now resided in the passenger seat.

"She's not the only one." Nick spat sarcastically, under his breath yet loud enough for all to hear. Madison Clark attempted to detangle the nineteen year old's matted locks with no luck, leaving the task once she realised the high risk of disturbing Marie.

"What I did was-" Troy paused as if trying to find the right thing to say. "-inexcusable."

All Maddie and Nick Clark could do was nod. They all jerked forward as the truck rode up onto the sand just outside of what Troy called 'The Ranch'. The movemebt had disturned MJ who felt no immediate benefit of her short slumber. She didn't bother to enquire about her location as her tired and somewhat foggy eyes took in the desert around her. large yet isolated, the Ranch was a welcomed change from anything the family had experienced after surving in the city.

Marie Jana Manawa swung the door open once the armoured truck had come to a complete stop. The desert sand was foreign beneath her boot clas feet. "It's hot." She commented absently, hovering her calloused hand just above the heat of the desert floor. While knelt, the brunette took the oppurtunity to search for the knife she'd previously concealed inside her boot. Alicia Clark had taught the nineteen year old how to do so safely, though it seemed pointless as MJ's search left her empty handed.

An assertive yet subtle hand gripped the brunette's shoulder, raising her from the ground as something was slipped into the waistband of her jeans. They sat slightly too large on her slender hips, making just enough space for what she realised to be a gun. Maddie Clark had armed the teen as doubts of their own safety immediately began to swirl in the mother's mind. The pair united in a hug, uncharacteristic in the state of their relationship, but the embrace wasn't for reasons of affection. "Fully loaded, safety is on. We'll take this place if we have to." All MJ could do was nod as she turned slowly from the blonde and simply stared out into the desert in search of the helicopter she hoped her father was on.

" All MJ could do was nod as she turned slowly from the blonde and simply stared out into the desert in search of the helicopter she hoped her father was on

ʟᴀᴛᴇʀs ʙᴀʙʏ.