ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵒ

Marie awoke to loud bangd, too quite to be gunshots but prominent enough to be considered problematic

Marie awoke to loud bangd, too quite to be gunshots but prominent enough to be considered problematic. Repeated hits against the wall alerted the teen that the scuffle involved Maddie and Alicia, but whoever was on the receiving end of their wrath was a mystery left to be solved. "Maddie!" MJ smahsed against the wall, rattling the book shelves adjacent to her. Cries of pain echoed through the plastered surface, ones that were distinctly male.

Marie Jana gave up on the wall as the other room grew alarmingly quiet. "Alicia?" The brunette's voice gave out as she slammed against the door, hoping that brute force would get her out of the room. Next, her boot connected with it, targeting the weaker parts for an easy escape - it didn't work.

The girl of Mexican and Polynesian descent took a moment to step back and take in her surroundings, something she often did once she realised how much she'd rushed into a situation. "Glass." MJ whispered to herself, laying her hands against the frosted panel that seperated her from freedom. She knew that trying to pop out the panel would be pointless, the silicone around the edges too fresh for its weaknesses to be exploited. "Fuck it." MJ muttered as she drove her fist into the glass that shattered on impact. Despite the significant shards that had split her skin until it flowed with red, Marie kept pushing forward.

Marie Jana Manawa's feet planted themselves on the solid ground of what was the beginning of her freedom. Her chestnut eyes followed the trail of blook that littered the floor before her. Her own blood began to pattern the carpet as she bravely ignored her throbbing wounds.

"Hands up!" MJ hadn't even stepped two foot out of the building before she was reprimanded. A man dressed in similar uniform to others had his gun firmly fixed on the nineteen year old. Both hands were in the air, her right covered in crimson that slowly seeped down her raised arm. "Go." The guard gestured his weapon toward the commotion in the distance, one that MJ could only assume to be caused by Maddie Clark. Though MJ and Maddie's relationship was strained, especially since the death of her mother, Liza, the blonde's resourcefulness was truly admired by the teen.

"Madison, let him go." Everything seemed to fall silent as the blonde locked eyes with the nineteen year old. MJ's nerves were frazzled as she felt the cold metal of the gun pressed against the back of her head. "They said they'd kill me if you didn't." The teen's words trembled as the reality of the situation set in. Sure she was used to the threat of the dead, but the living? They introduced a whole new level of terror entirely.

Maddie's gaze was still locked to MJ, a flood of regret making its way to her usually stoic expression. the mother of two opened and closed her mouth repeatedly, attempting to find words before a voice cut in. "Please let me brother go." A new figure appeared, one that vaguely resembled the man who had been bought to his knees, a spoon threatening his future sight.

Madison Clark was quick to turn to the unknown man who claimed to be Troy's brother. "Where's my family?" I just want my family." The threat on Marie's life semmed to float absently to the back of Madison Clark's mind.

"Okay, if you let him go I'll get you what you need. Your family, I promise you." MJ felt the weapon behind her relax ever so slightly, giving her an oppurtunity to truly survery the people around her. All guns were pointed in their direction and trained eyes were fixed through the sights.

"You let MJ go first." The unknown man nodded before motioning to the guard who held the weapon to the teen's head. Within seconds Marie Jana was free of an immediate threat, though she knew that any step out of line would likely result in her life being in danger once again.

Maddie's arm relaxed as she pulled the utensil from Troy Otto's eye.

With his new found freedom Troy took his oppurtunity to lunge at the mother of two who was unprepared for the attack. Marie shot forward, ignoring the threat to herself as she kicked out Troy's knee, bringing him to the floor in time for his brother to wrestle him down further. "You don't do that Troy!"

"Save it Jake." It was clear the two were siblings by the way they bickered, reminding MJ of herself and Chris prior to his untimely passing.

"Where is their their family?" Jake Otto gripped the collar of his brother's jacket, demanding the answers that Troy didn't want to give. It was clear that the relationship between the two was fraught, disastrous even. Jake was rational while Troy was the opposite, a raging psychopath who sweet talked his way into manipulating and killing.

"Her man's in the pit." MJ didn't know what this supposed pit was but she sure as hell knew the familiar feeling of dread that settled in the depths of her stomach as one question ricocheted inside her mind - where was Travis Manawa?

"Dad." Travis Manawa was covered head to toe in blood, a pile of bodies surrounding him as he stood blank faced in the middle of it all. "Get him out!" MJ demanded as she watched helplessly, several feet above the middle aged man she was proud to call her father. The brunette's injured hand was a vague memory now,nothing but pain and congealed bloos left as a souvenir. "I said get him the hell out of there!" The nineteen year old found herself lunging at Troy Otto, hands gripping his collared jacket as she shoved into his chest forcibly.

The attempted attack was over as quick as it started when Marie withdrew in pain, her knees buckling as she cradled her injured hand. The wounds had opened further thanks to the shards of glass being pushed deeper into her body, the bleeding having restarted and was now much more significant that it had been previously. MJ muttered obscenities between whimpers. Her hotheadedness always caused problems.

"Take her to the infirmary, Troy too." Jake Otto ordered those around him. Two hands quickly clamped around MJ's arms, narrowly avoiding the glass implanted deep within her appendage.

"Wait!" Marie Jana Manawa thrashed against those who held her, though somewhat sluggishlyn due to her blood loss. "Let me talk to my dad, wait please!" All remaining strength came out through MJ's pleas. As her shouts fell on deaf ears yet again the teen allowed her body to slacken in its hold.

"I just want to see my dad."

ʟᴀᴛᴇʀs ʙᴀʙʏ

ʟᴀᴛᴇʀs ʙᴀʙʏ.