S E V EN ; New Friends, New Feelings

S E V E N ;

S E V E N ;

New Friends, New Feelings

I make my way down the dirt path to Green Gables my run now slowing down to a walk as I see the white wooden fence approaching in the distance. I weave my way through the back entry walking into the side of the property near the barn. I hear whistling coming from the large wooden building and look to see Jerry moving some hay into a pile in the back corner. I glance at the house before quickly walking up to the barn doors.

I lean on one of the doors watching the young by I haven't talked to in ages. "Bonjour." I say making Jerry jump in shock and turn to face me.  He looks scared for a moment before realising it's me. A grin makes its way onto his face and he runs over to me pulling me into a hug. I chuckle at the boys excitement stumbling back a bit. "Ella! Je ne t'ai pas vu depuis des lustres!" (Ella! I haven't seen you in ages!) Jerry exclaims as we separate from the hug.

"Je pourrais vous dire la même chose!" (I could say the same thing to you!) I say returning his smile. There's a few seconds pause before Jerry looks at me confused. "Attendez... aren't you meant to be at school?" (Wait) He asks wondering why I'm here so early in the afternoon. My eyes flicker down to look at my shoes. "About that... have you seen Anne?" I ask looking back up to see him nodding at me.

"Dans la maison." (In the house.) He says pointing to the small wooden building in the distance. I looks towards the house for a few seconds before turning back to Jerry. "I'll be right back." I say quickly before making my way up the dirt path to the house. I make it to the front door in no time and see Anne and Marilla embracing near the entrance. I knock on the door frame silently and the two quickly turn to face me.

"Elouise." Anne says speaking up first. "What are you doing here?" She asks stepping forward towards me. I give her a small smile stepping into the little wooden house. "I came for you. Nobody should be treated as you were and I may have stated my opinion on the whole situation then left myself." I say hesitantly recounting what happened the few minutes Anne was gone.

There was a few seconds pause before a smile broke across Anne's face. She walks forward and pulls me into a hug. I feel a few of her tears wet the material of my dress as she pulls me in tighter.  We stay like this for a few minutes before Marila clears her throat. We separate and look towards her, Anne pulling herself together slightly.

"I'll make some tea. You two can go upstairs and settle down, we'll see what we'll do from there." Marilla says curtly before walking off in the direction of the kitchen. Anne turns towards me and gives me a smile. "Well I hear that you're quite the writer." She states as we start to make our way up the stairs. I smile back at pulling the book from under my arm. "That I am." I say waving it in the air slightly.

She looks at the book I'm holding inspecting the leather cover. "Is that your work?" She ask as we make our way down the hall to her room. "Yes." I say opening the door and taking a seat on her bed. Anne takes a seat next to me and I pass her the book. She opens the front cover and skims over the first few pages. "Eloise this is amazing." She says in awe.

"Call me Ella, all my friends do." I say giving her a smile.

---

A lot has happened in the last few hours. There was the outbreak at school, the abandonment of said school, seeing Jerry, comforting Anne and now making my way down the familiar dirt road back to my house. Today was definitely not what I expected and it definitely didn't get any better when I saw one person in particular waiting for me out the front of my house.

"What do you want Gilbert?" I ask rudely walking past him to make my way up to the house. "Let me explain." He says trying to catch up with me. I stop when Gilbert grabs a hold of my wrist pulling me back.  "Are you angry at me?" Gilbert asks making me turn to face him. I shake my head not making eye contact with him. "Ella." He mutters going to put a hand on my shoulder but I move away slowly.

"I'm not angry, I'm not I'm just..." I pause not knowing what the right answer is. Gilbert takes a step towards me. "Just what?" He asks genuinely. "Confused." I finish looking up at him. "Confused because I don't know what I'm feeling." I say with a shrug. "What do you mean?" Gilbert asks gradually growing confused himself. "That's the thing, I don't know..." I say backing up slowly.

"I don't what I mean, I don't know what I feel I just... what am I even saying..." I say shaking my head. Gilbert  steps forward to me and pulls me into a hug and this time I don't pull away. I let out a sigh as his grip on me tightens. "I'm sorry ok." He says into my hair. "What happened was stupid and shouldn't of happened but it has and we can't change that now." He pauses before stepping back a bit.

"Just please forgive me. Dad would probably kill me if I lost you." He says with a chuckle. I smile at the comment and nod my head. "Aven would most definitely disown me." I say a small smile appearing on my face.  He smiles back at me before speaking up again. I pause for a few seconds before realising what actually happened. "Oh my gosh are you ok?" I say reaching my hand up to inspect where his face got hit. He chuckles backing up a bit so I wouldn't touch the irritated spot.

"I'm fine, just some redness nothing I can't handle." He assures grabbing my hand from the air. "But it looks all red and splotchy and- oh no!" I say interrupting my own sentence. Gilbert looks at me confused. "What?" He asks intrigued. "Is it going to bruise? If it's going to bruise your not going to be so dreamy anymore. Think of all the young girls hearts you're going to shatter." I say sarcastically placing an arm on his shoulder mockingly.

"Oh ha ha, very funny." Gilbert says rolling his eyes at me. "Oh you think I'm joking?" I say with a slightly serious tone. "You're so naive Blythe." I continue with a smirk. He shakes his head before shrugging my hand of his shoulder. "So we're good?" He asks putting a hand out in front of him. I look at his hand them back at him. "We're good." I say shaking his hand with my own.

"Now, I brought your stuff back from school. I'm pretty sure your mother put it in your room." Gilbert says looking back at my at my house. I look back to see my mother standing at the door looking not as happy as I hoped. "Well that doesn't look good. I'll see you soon?" I ask looking back at Gilbert.

He smiles starting to walk back slowly. "Sooner than you know." He says giving me a wink before turning around and walking off back to his house. "You're such a flirt." I call after him as he walks off. Without looking he gives me a thumbs up before continuing on his way. I turn back to walk up to my house and stomach starts to twist together.

I like Gilbert Blythe...

A/N~
Finally another chapter. Sorry for the slow updates but I've been having a bit of writers block at the moment. Make sure to vote and comment you opinions. Xx