Part 8

Sakura's Pov

Well tryouts are done and over with and I made the team, I was super excited but nervous, I was terrible at tossing, but I tried my best. Leigh was doing great, since he was in color guard.But I'm so proud of him. Any who it was our first Saturday that we had to go in and practice the show. Lets just say for this whole season I was behind the backdrop since I was not worthy just yet.

-Timeskip to color season-

Oh let me tell you about color season, for me personally I do not enjoy it, I mean it has it's ups and downs, but I prefer winter. Anyways our show was Avatar, no not last airbender sadly. It was the blue people, so out faces for this year was blue. The make up was a pain to get off your face and you had to use three to four make up wipes depending on how much color you use. Plus with our costumes, the heat was death for us. Marching was alright, I was confused with it but had help for Leigh and Melody. Before we knew it, it was the day of the light show. Now with the light show, we wrap tape and glow sticks on our bodies, we have to wear black. Now with our equipment, tape it with glow sticks. Our coach told us to practice our tosses to make sure we catch them. Also with the light show the stadium lights are off if you didn't figure that out. To me I look forward for this next year, but it's also nerve racking because you have to be careful not to run into the band during certain movements, be careful not to hit them and they have to be careful for you as well. 

During the show it was the end of the night, we all were ready for it to begin. Everyone was shocked and saying "The lights are off and there all glowing". Then we preformed my personal movement that I like this year, was the last movement, the song was called war and it was intense(to this day on I still have it stuck in my head). After the last set was finished. I had my hair up and grabbed the spare glow stick we had, the band and guard threw their glow sticks in the air making a "ha" sound. The crowd cheers and claps for us. We have to pick the remaining glow sticks up and get off the field for our band director to talk to us. A little while later Leigh and I were walking back to the school, but we stopped and gave the opposite team our glow sticks since they wanted them. I happily gave them mine and Leigh had some to spare to give to his siblings. Then we got to the high school grabbed our bags leaving our flags here and left going to my moms car. We drove Leigh home and we both said our goodbyes. I was happy that tonight was done, but the only problem I have is that we are going to playoff's so more adventures for me. I guess.