Chapter 11

I wrote this in like, 20 minutes so I apologize for any errors. :)

xoAr

I woke up the next morning and Harry was gone, out in the kitchen making some sort of breakfast.

I started thinking back to the dream that I had. Now it didn’t seem so terrifying, but last night all I could think about was the footsteps speeding up behind me and taking me down.

I appreciated Harry. I loved knowing that in the middle of the night, Harry was here in a heartbeat.

I know that I had given him a hard time for the past three months or so. The more that I had thought about it, the more terrible I felt.

I liked Harry. I really did. He was cute and charming and he didn’t treat me like a slice of bologna.

But things were just too complicated.

I felt my stomach growl and I felt anger boil up underneath my skin. I shouldn’t be hungry. I shouldn’t be hungry. I should be sick with myself.

I rubbed my hands over my face.

Ana’s voice was always louder than mine could ever be.

I stood up and walked out into the kitchen where Harry turned around and smiled.

“Thanks for staying with me last night.” I said hopping up onto his counter.

“It’s not a problem.” He smiled, handing me a cup of tea. “I actually slept better.”

I laughed to myself. “I did too, actually.”

“Do you want anything to eat?” He asked, putting the milk that was out on the counter back in his fridge.

I sat there for a second staring into my tea. “Would you be mad if I said no?”

He shrugged. “If you eat lunch later, I won’t mind.”

I nodded. I was nervous about bringing another part up to him. “Would you mind if I went for a run today?”

I felt like I was a child, asking for permission to go out, and asking for permission to say no but I knew that it’d make him feel better, and apparently I’d feel better at some point too.

“Can I come with?” He asked starting to clean up in the living room.

Mental, I tell you. This boy was a neat freak.

I laughed taking another sip of my tea. “Now I’m not allowed out of the house?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well, I could use a bit of a run.” He said patting his stomach, “And I want to make sure that you don’t over-do it.”

I nodded. “Okay. It seems fair.”

Harry and I stepped out for a run, knowing that at some point paparazzi would be snapping pictures of us. Luckily it wasn’t that bad as we ran a few miles and made it back to Harry’s flat where we both showered before Harry started making lunch.

“Do you want peanut butter and jelly?” Harry asked as I stepped out of my room, showered with a pair of shorts and a tank top on, my long wet blond hair up in a towel.

“Not really.” I said wrinkling my nose. “Is there salad left over from last night?” I asked opening up the fridge.

Right as rain, there was a huge Tupperware container full of salad sitting on a shelf.

My stomach grumbled beneath me and I took the entire container, grasped a little dressing and a fork and started eating while we watched some stupid cop movie that was on the television.