Chapter 12

This story so far is 37 pages on Microsoft Word. Ahh :)

Also, I've hit 1,000 reads and I want to thank anyone who is reading this RIGHT NOW. I know that a lot of people read the first chapter and give up (my first chapter has like 150 reads right now and my last one has like 40) so I appreciate you reading, voting and commenting. It sounds corny, but I really love it. :)

This is the chapter with the longest Harry POV, I don't like writing from the guys POV, but I felt like this story needed a bit of it since Ainslie has a really biased thought process.

The last scene is for sure my favorite. :)

Well that was long, and I apologize.

xox Ar

“What?” I asked, completely taken back.

“I love you, Ains. You’re not unlovable.” He whispered.

I shook my head back and forth. “You’re just saying that, Harry.”

“I’m not,” He said rubbing his thumb over my shoulder. “Why would I?”

I looked up at him, my eyebrows knitted together and stared at his eyes for a second. “Why would you though?” I whispered. “I’ve been nothing but terrible to you. I’m such a nuisance that you should be counting down the days until that contract is up.”

Harry shrugged. “Some stuff doesn’t make sense all of the time. But I think you’re far from being a nuisance.”

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. “I’m sorry for letting you down.”

“There’s nothing you need to be sorry for.” He said resting his head on mine.

“You’re way too good to me.” I said grabbing his hand that was resting on his leg. Our fingers intertwined gently before our eyes.

“Do you want to go back out there?” He asked slowly after a few minutes.

“I don’t think so.” I was so embarrassed that Harry even saw me, let alone the other 8 or so people who were in the living room, thinking that my recovery was off to a great start. “Will you just tell them that I don’t feel well or something?”

Harry sighed. “Are you sure that you don’t want me to send everyone home and just watch a movie or something?”

He ran his thumb over the top of my palm. It sent chills up my arm. “I’m sure. Go have fun with your friends.”

He sighed, releasing himself from me and stood up, reaching for my hands and pulling me up next to him with ease.

He pulled me into his chest, tightly and protectively holding onto me. “Everything will be alright, okay?”

I just nodded and closed my eyes.

It was all I wanted.

Harry’s POV

I walked out of her room, closing the door behind me, leaving her to herself like she had wanted.

“Is everything alright, mate?” Louis asked, patting me on the shoulder.

“Yeah,” I nodded, trying not to look as distraught as I actually was. “She just doesn’t feel well.”

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. “Is everything alright with you?”

“Yeah.” I sighed, “I just need a drink.”

I walked into the kitchen; pouring myself a shot and tipping my head back, letting it fall down my throat.