•Chapter 8•

We were in the venue of the show, it was The Anny Deserati show. It was one of the biggest shows in New York in which several celebrities were interviewed and never did I think that I will be on the show. I was quite nervous, I've never been comfortable with speaking infront of the crowd and now on a live show with a vast audience, thousands or millions of people could be watching and just one flip they'd know that this is fake.

I was in the dressing room, touch ups were added to my make up and the stylist was making sure my hair was still in place.

"Two minutes to show time" someone announced

I was getting nervous, what if they found out about this being fake. I'd be in a lot of trouble. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked different not like the poor girl I knew but like a rich sophisticated lady. I had on a simple white gown, diamond earring and necklace and a white six inch heels and of course the engagement ring.

Kel walked in to the dressing room looking handsome as always. He was dressed in a tuxedo and his hair was styled in a really nice way and for a second we shamelessly checked each other out.

"And now let's welcome Kel Adrios and his fiancée Shayan West" she introduced and there were applauds and hoots.

This is it, the most anticipated interview.

"Smile and better don't ruin this"Kel warned as he took my hands leading me up the stage.

The applause increased and I could tell that they were for Kel. His hands that was laced in my hand didn't help with my nervousness. We smiled as we appeared on stage waving to the audience. Let the acting begin.

She welcomed us once again ushering us to our seats, it was a love seat and we sat really close to each other his hands on my thighs. He truly wasn't helping with my nervousness just worsening it, why did he place his hands there?

"I'm honoured that you accepted my request to be on this show." She started, "On Wednesday morning people were shocked to see that you posted about being engaged but some people still believe it's a rumour, how true is that? "

"It's not a rumour and it's very true. I'm engaged to this beautiful woman beside me and we're going to get married." He answered smiling looking at me with admiration.

He was pulling this off, his looks could fool people not me. He was smiling at me looking at me as if he loved me, he was a good actor. I looked up at him smiling, if he could act then I could.

"So Shayan, how do you feel being engaged to Kel and how did he propose?"

I took a deep breath going over my response." I feel really blessed and happy to be engaged to him, I really wasn't expecting it when he proposed. We were out on one of our numerous dates but this was at his yacht , I was so surprised when he got down on his knees revealing a box that had a ring in it asking me to marry him." I answered faking excitement. "It was one who of the moments I'd never forget in my life."

Yeah, I'd never forget how he stood on his two feet forcing vme to wear the ring.

"That's so cute." Anny gushed. "How long have you been dating and how come we never knew"

"We've been dating for three months and I wanted it kept as a secret because she doesn't really like media attention and I was really serious about her." He answered smiling

"So how did you guys meet Shayan?"Anny asked turning to look at me with a smile.

"We met in his father's company three months ago but before that we were high school sweethearts." I replied smiling.

"Really?" she asked surprised. "Why did you guys end things back then?"

The real reason why we broke up was what came to my mind. The rejection, the humiliation and pain I felt swam back and I felt unable to speak for a while. I remembered how he used me and dumped me.

"We were going to different universities and couldn't handle distance relationship." I answered after a while.

"But look at you guys back here now about to be married." She said smiling and we both smiled with Kel rubbing my palm. "About the marriage, when's the date?

"We've not set up a date yet but it's going to be in less than two months because I can't wait to be married to her."

The way he was looking at me was enough to have any normal girl swooning. I've been there and done that, now I am wiser, his looks couldn't fool me.

"So Kel what's so special about her that you're choosing her and not any other girl?"

"Shayan is different and unique. She has all the qualities I want for a wife and we have this special bond that I can't let go off. She's very lovable and I admire everything about her, she means a lot to me more than any one ever has and I love her so much." Kel answered looking at me with that same look and it was driving me crazy. If only this was a heart felt confession from someone else I'd have been smiling like I won jackpot but it was Kel, there was a limit to how much I could smile.

"Shayan, how do you truly feel about Kel? People have been going on about you being a gold digger only interested in his money to lift up your background. Some even say you're not fit to be his wife and don't deserve to be the future Mrs Adrios"

I knew what the people thought of me were bad but this was beyond my expectation. Fake marriage or not the fact that people could think this was sickening, I've avoided going through the comments because I didn't want to know about it but here she was announcing it to the world, I was really angry but before I had the chance to say something kel spoke up.

"Only I get to decide who's fit to be Mrs Adrios and if it isn't her it's no one else. Anyone that has a problem with that should deal with it." Kel said, I could detect the annoyance and anger in his tone but I didn't know if it was real or fake. Could he be angry about what they're saying or the fact that people aren't buying it.

I placed my hands in his hands there that was in my thigh trying to calm him down.

"People will always talk and I'm not surprised, I know a lot of girls are jealous and angry that I'm getting married to Kel and like he said they have to deal with it. I'm not getting married to Kel because of his money or status but because I love him, yes my background is nothing compared to his and so? I might not fit into his life and what quality is the future Mrs Adrios supposed to possess? Class? Money? billionaire heiress?because I'm not those things doesn't mean I can't be with him. Kel loves me for who I am and I'm okay with that, people may conjure up different stories about me I don't care, their opinion of me doesn't matter, it's only Kel's " I smiled as I finished and Kel did too.

"Now you've heard them people,I think they're in love and if anyone still doubts that then I don't know what to say." She said

"That's it on the Anny Desarati show for today. Goodnight people."

Thanks for reading, add to library and reading list.

Don't forget to vote and comment 😉

  If you were to be stranded on an island with any celebrity who would it be?