Chapter 48

KEL'S POV

        It has  been two hours, two long hours since I saw her, it was driving me crazy, I wanted to pull my hair out and scream out in agony. I was really disoriented. With what the officer has been saying I've really been suspecting Jess. Everything pointed to him, he could have been his accomplice but he has an alibi, his girlfriend. I didn't know what to think anymore, I raked my hand through my hair letting out a loud scream. Fvck! This whole thing is killing me. What could be his reason? Could he have really done that.

"Calm down bro... You'd see her soon." Jess said brushing my shoulder.

  I surely hope so because I might as well give someone a punch on the face.

  "What do you think he wants?"I asked gauging his reaction.

  "I don't know." He shrugged then looked away. I wanted to hit something badly. I was finding it hard to keep it in. "I'd be right back." He excused himself out of the room.

  I needed to see her, hold her, touch her, kiss her but she wasn't with me. I'm missing her.

  "Anything?" I asked as the officer walked in and he shook his head motioning for me to come with him. We both went into my study to talk privately.

   I felt like hitting his head on the wall, then what the hell has he been doing. My phone started ringing, it was a call from an unknown number. I quickly picked it.

  "Oh Kelvin, eager for my call aren't you?" His sinister voice spoke up. I swear he has gone mad.

"Who is it?" Williams asked and I mouthed Carlos and he told me to go on.

"What the hell do you want?" I angrily asked.

"Shayan. She's all mine now. I'm just staring at how beautiful she is. You stole her from me, now I've stolen her back and you won't have her."

"Fvcking basatard, return my wife to me."

"Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk Adrios. Where is the fun in that? Transfer 50% of the shares to me alongside your hotel in Vegas then I'd think about giving her back." He gave me no time to respond as he ended the call abruptly.

  "He must be fvcking kidding me?" I growled out in anger.

"What did he say?" Officer Williams asked.

"He fvcking wants 50% of the company's shares and my hotel in Vegas and then he'd think about returning her. Can you believe that!" I exclaimed angrily. How the hell does he expect me to do that when there's no guarantee that he'd give her back.

"Calm down, what are you going to do?"

"I have no fvcking clue."

"I'm keeping tabs on your brother. He knows something we don't know. The security guard said he saw someone in the car with him while he was leaving and since that was the time of the incident. It very well could have been Carlos."

I took in a deep breath taking in the news. I was so devastated, I didn't expect this from Jess.

  "Do what you want officer as long as it gets me my wife." I said as we departed to the living room.

   "What's with the long face?" Jess asked walking in.

  "Carlos called." Officer Williams replied.

  "Oh. What does he want? The company and shares?" He asked and I could see the way the officer looked at him then looked back at me.

  "And how do you know that?" Officer Williams asked watching him intently.