Chapter 41

It's been two days since we got back and things with us has been okay. I'm trying not to let anything get in the  way of our love this time. I want to work on my trust for him, I know that's something that isn't really stable and then to let go of every pending anger and hatred. I'm trying to forget but sometimes that evil part of my conscience would remind me of all the things he did. We were still both overwhelmed with guilt we still needed to work on forgiving ourselves first. Sometimes I imagine how it would have been if we hadn't broken up, if he knew and followed up with the pregnancy, if we raised Evie together, if he was there from the beginning and I know he thinks the same too and it makes me feel so sad and guilty because I know how much he wanted to be there for his child every step of the way.

"What are you thinking of this time?" He started by kissing my neck, kissing me out of my reverie.

"How things would have been if we had started differently." I answered and he sighed.

"Shay, your have to let go, that's in the past now. We just have to make our present and future better okay." He said cupping my face and I nodded.

"I love you."  I smiled, we were so close to kissing when we heard Evie making sleepy noise and turning to face us and we just chuckled.

  Evie has refused to sleep in her room which I couldn't blame her for. She really wants to get close to him and I know how Kel had been making efforts too. They spend a lot of time together and he comes home everyday with gifts for her and I. Sometimes I get slightly jealous over the way they spread a lot of time together. She's always asking for Kel and I think it's the excitement of having her father present that is getting to her and I know Kel is finding it difficult to balance his time with me, her, his work and family.

"That reminds me Shay, my family would be coming over for dinner on Friday and I would love Evie to meet them. I don't know how my mom's going to take that though." I understood his dilemma about his mom, it's not like she'd shout at him anyway. I was going to bear the brunt of it all.

"It'll be fine, what's the worst that can happen?" I chuckled and he did too.

   It was a text on my phone that woke me up the next morning.

The whole world would soon know about everything. The secret to both are keeping. If you don't want to be exposed send $15 million in the next hour. The clock is ticking.

   My heart was pounding in my chest. $15 million, how am I supposed to get that. Does the person truly knows about our secret, who could it be, what do they want? These questions kept on going through my head. I don't even know whether to tell Kel. I was really confused, different things started going through my head and I felt like my brain wasn't functioning.

  Kel brought me out of my jumbled thoughts and I screamed startled. "Hey what's wrong?" He wrapped his hands around me watching new intently.

I bit my lips nervously trying to decide whether to tell him or not. "What's wrong Shay?" I knew he could tell something was wrong by this time and I truly wanted to tell him. I decided to tell him since it concerns us both and I didn't want anything to come between us.

"Shayan..." He called prompting me to speak.

"I've been getting messages, threats. Someone knows about our secret and wants to expose it." I let out.

I was scared about how reaction, he was angry, his expression said it all. "How long have you been getting them?'' he calmly asked.

"Two... Two ...weeks ago." I stuttered.

"Two weeks ago and you're telling me about it now?" He angrily asked.

"Daddy are you guys fighting?" Evie asked waking up from sleep.