Vampires

Maximum Lifespan: 300

Goddess: Persephone, goddess of the underworld.

General
•Vampires do not have an 'inner self' like werewolves and werecats do unless they are were hybrids.

•Slower heartbeat than humans

•They age slowly, much slower than humans

•Effected by silver, no garlic, crosses, or holy water, turning into bats, or sleeping in coffins...unless they like that kind of thing. Hurt by sunlight is a myth (stemmed from being more nocturnal creatures) stakes only effect them if it's through the heart or neck...but their skin is tougher to scar.

Feeding
•The most common area for a vampire to feed from is the neck and then the wrist, but this does not exclude the vampire from feeding from any other area on the body.

•Feeding keeps them strong, they weaken significantly if they go too long without feeding...not to mention their self control weakens too.

•Vampires need to feed at least four times a month, but they can feed more often.  Vampire hybrids need to feed less often and it all depends on the percentage of vampire blood they have in them.  For example half vampires need to feed at least twice a month and quarter vampires only once a month

•Feeding during sex can be extremely erotic for both partners, but one of the possible consequences is that it could tie the two people together - even if it is only a small tie.

•Feeding from their mate is the best option, and if injured the feeding can help accelerate the healing process.  This process becomes very pleasurable for both the vampire and their mate.

Mates/Beloved
•They can sense their beloved much the same way werewolves do. 

•Vampires have strong senses of smell, so scent is definitely a given. Instead of sparks they feel a warm sensation and their slower heartbeat gets faster.(hybrids with shifter sides feel sparks, or if their mate is a shifter)

Mate marking

•Vampires do mark their mates.
do vampires have to mark their mates to feel betrayal by their mate?  Yes

•Marking without consent is the furthest thing from pleasant, and it fails to produce a mark outside of a temporary scar.

•A human that's marked by a vampire cannot be turned by venom because it makes them immune to it and the marked human becomes stronger both in body and senses, and their aging slows down to match their vampires life span.

Powers
Most typically have enhanced speed and strength as well as senses, enhanced healing...no turning into a bat, that's myth too. But some have extra abilities (usually the more upper class covens try to preserve these special talents as part of the bloodline, which brings in the purists).

Fangs

•Fangs are very sensitive, so when the fangs descend, is there an automatic response to feed?  Yes, unless they've fed prior to the excitement.

•Most vampires learn to control this pretty well, and only their mates can bypass that control.

•If this is the response, and it happens when one is excited, what happens when couples are extremely sexual??  Feeding during mating, a whole lot of mating... Empty biting (biting with fangs without feeding, still feels pleasant and leaves a vampire version of a hickey. Most vampires prefer to do this in places they are hard for their mate to hide)....You get the idea.

•Does the performance of sex or sexual acts get rid of the need to feed?  Even though feeding is a pleasurable thing, if the vampire needs to drink, sex won't make it go away. (Unless they feed while mating ) (like humans and eating, a vampire can drink more than just enough to get by until the next time.)

•vampires fangs pop out when they're 'excited' instead of just when they're thirsty or pissed.
This would start around the early or pre-teens (you know, the puberty stage when hormones start going bananas)

Venom

•For werewolves and other pure shifters it's toxic, death if it isn't treated.  Except in the case of mates where the vampire marks their mate first, waits about 24 hours and then their mate will not be affected by the venom.

•Humans, turning. If it's consented it's painless, if not it's immensely painful.

•Vampires that are bitten (usually in the fray of battle) are just agitated by the venom until it dissipates, like a mosquito bite for a human.

Turning Humans

•Vampires have to abide by basic laws just as any species, and even though they don't have as many laws, the punishments for breaking them is severe.

1- No mindless and unnecessary slaughter

2- No unnecessary exposing yourself to humans that aren't your mate.

3- No turning human children under the age of 14, this is completely different to having a born vampire, humans turned too young are very likely to be damaged in the process.

4- Never turn a human against their will, ever.

Rule #4 exists for a very important reason-

It can cause major negative side effects, centered around damage to the mind. The act itself is physically traumatizing already, but it can also impact the mental state of the individual. Damage includes everything from total memory loss to a full psychotic break- leaving the newly turned vampire a savage that follows nothing but instinct like a rabid animal.

It's these savage vampires that gave the entire species a bad reputation with humans, after all, most rational vampires try to keep their existence secret from humans...but the out of control ones attack humans without regard for rules and secrecy...leading to the overall disgust and hatred felt by the human race.

Turning a child too young, or any human against their will, creates savage monsters that cannot be reasoned with or controlled...and feel nothing but thirst and the desire to kill.