Witches & Mages

Maximum Life span: 400 years

Witches and mages are essentially humans with magic abilities and extended life spans, and the difference between a witch and a mage is easily explained.

Witches- individuals who use magic to cast spells and manipulate powers beyond normal humans control.

Mages- just like witches, except they also have the ability to manipulate a specific element like water or fire without having to use their magic to control it.

•Witches have to have some magic in their blood to be witches, so not just anyone can be a witch. But there are humans who make potions and practice rituals without magic of their own, and they are called either pagans or Wiccans. They follow the goddess Hecate and the beliefs of witches, but they can't use magic outside of rituals and potions.

•Male witches are called warlocks or wizards(personal preference), while females are just called witches. Mage is a unisex term, so there is no variation.

• Both mages and witches can have familiars or animal companions, like cats, birds, or other creatures that their magic bonds with. These creatures are prone to be very protective of their witch or warlock, so it's not uncommon for them to go everywhere together. Unless a familiar dies as result of protecting their witch, a familiar lives just as long as their owner does, and when their owner dies...so do they.

•Instead of discovering their mates like the other supernatural creatures, witches and mages have what they call a Soul Resounding, in which their magic binds their soul with the one of their soulmate, which binds them emotionally and syncs up their life spans.

• No real weaknesses per say, the only thing that effects them negatively is the use of dark magic, which corrupts them and leaves them vulnerable to manipulation by other dark creatures.