Werecats

Maximum Age: 250

General-

• Werecats are basically humans with enhanced strength and senses with the ability to shape shift into an undomesticated cat. A much larger cat than the normal ones. Not infectious, so they can't turn humans.

• Prides- werecats live in group dynamics called prides, much like normal lions do. Their hierarchy is structured like a werewolf pack, and consists of the:

Alpha: Pride leader, the entire pride takes his (or her)orders.

Solis - The alpha's female mate, shares equal status to Alpha.

Beta- Second in command to Alpha pair, makes sure their orders are followed and leads the pride in times they're not present.

Beta Female- The female mate of the named Beta, equal status as their mate.

Gamma- Third in command, in charge of training the warriors and protecting both the pride and it's territory from enemies. Their mate also holds equal status to them.

Delta- the flip side of a gamma, their in charge of peacekeeping among their prides and other neighboring ones. This rank isn't common place among prides, but not unheard of.

Warriors- the soldiers, sentries and bodyguards of the pride. They are in charge of patrolling the pride territory, protecting the high ranking cats both on and off the territory, and fighting off enemies that invade the territory. Some warriors are put in charge of specific tasks such as guard duty or training the newly recruited warriors when the Gamma is busy.

      • Enforcers- Police officers of the pride,  
       make sure they follow werewolf laws.

       • Trackers- The bounty hunters of the
        Pride, they track down evasive criminals
        that elude the enforcers, and help with
overall pride protection.

Common Cats- these werecats are the ones who work jobs outside the territory, normal jobs that pay for their living on the pride lands.

Pack Doctors- are werecats    
             trained in the medical field, they tend.           
             to wounded pack members and other
medical needs.

Healers- Are werecats that have
             healing powers that they use to treat    
             pride members.

Seers- are werecats with ability of
premonition.

Omega- These are the lowest ranking cats in the pride. Not every pride has them, and the ones that do vary in how they treat them.

Beliefs

• Most Werecats believe in a spiritual deity called the Cat Goddess, who is known as Bastet. They believe she created the werecat species, and is in charge of choosing their mates.

Mates-

• Mates- A werecat calls the individual the goddess created for them to love their mate, and that individual becomes the most important person to them after meeting them. Only those who have a death wish mess with a werecat's mate, especially an Alpha's.

• Mates can sometimes be a different species other than human or werecat, and sometimes are the same gender as the cat. Relationships vary just as much as human ones do.

• Occasionally, their first mates don't work out, and they are rejected for various reasons. When this happens, they have a second chance mate that comes into their life at some point. And if their second chance mates also end badly, they can have chosen or fated mates of their choosing.

• Werecats use a special bite on the shoulder to mark their mate as theirs, it typically leaves a unique tattoo like mark on the shoulder and their scent on them to let every supernatural creature know that they are off limits. Usually, the higher ranked the Cat is, the less likely others are to mess with them. It also creates a mental link to their mate so that they can communicate telepathically, or without speaking, from great distances.

• In werecats, this puts a female werecat into a painful heat, which only happens if the pair are not mated by the first full moon after marking.

• In humans, it also causes heat, but on a much lower scale, and enhances their physical strength and senses, and extends their natural lifespan...but no shifting. Humans who are marked by an Alpha, Beta, or Gamma can mark their mate in return during the heat cycle...or mating. Other ranks do not have that power.

Laws-

• No marking without consent.

• No mating without consent of all individuals involved.

• No imprisoning or killing of humans without proper reason. (Ex: killing a pride member, sexual crimes against a pride member, etc.)

• Never expose your kind to the public.

Weaknesses

Silver- Causes major damage both internally and externally, mostly due to the fact that it slows their bodies ability to heal...death by major blood loss is biggest issue.

Vampire Venom- Toxic to werecats, even in small doses, fatal if left in the body too long. Vampire mates of werecats should mark them first before attempting to feed