Werewolves

Maximum Age: 250

General-

• Werewolves are basically humans with enhanced strength and senses with the ability to shape shift into a wolf. A much larger wolf than the normal ones. Contrary to popular myths, they can shift outside of nighttime during a full moon...they can shift whenever they want. They also aren't infectious, which means you won't turn into a werewolf if you're bit by one. The only thing myth got right is silver and wolfsbane...mostly.

• Occasionally, some pure werewolves have added powers that go beyond normal abilities.

• Packs- werewolves live in group dynamics called packs, much like normal wolves do. Their hierarchy consists of the:

Alpha: Pack leader, the entire pack takes his orders.

Alpha Female- a she wolf that inherits the alpha position due to either being first born, the only child, or for other reasons.

Luna- The alpha's female mate, shares equal status to Alpha.

Beta- Second in command to Alpha pair, makes sure their orders are followed and leads the pack in times they're not present.

Beta Female- The female mate of the named Beta, equal status as their mate.

Gamma- Third in command, in charge of training the warriors and protecting both the pack and it's territory from enemies. Their mate also holds equal status to them.

Delta- the flip side of a gamma, they're in charge of peacekeeping among their packs and other neighboring ones. This rank isn't common place among packs, but not unheard of.

Warriors- the soldiers, sentries and bodyguards of the pack. They are in charge of patrolling the pack territory, protecting the high ranking wolves both on and off the territory, and fighting off enemies that invade the territory. Some warriors are put in charge of specific tasks such as guard duty or training the newly recruited warriors when the Gamma is busy.

Enforcers- Police officers of the pack,
make sure they follow werewolf laws.

Trackers- The bounty hunters of the
pack, they track down evasive criminals
that elude the enforcers, and help with  
        overall pack protection.

Common Wolves- these werewolves are the ones who work jobs outside the territory, normal jobs that pay for their living on the pack lands.

           • Pack Doctors- are werewolves
trained in the medical field, they tend.                to wounded pack members and other
             medical needs.

            • Healers- Are wolves that have healing
             powers that they use to treat pack
             members.

            • Seers- are wolves with ability of
            premonition.

Omega- These are the lowest ranking wolves in the pack. Not every pack has them, and the ones that do vary in how they treat them.

Beliefs

• Most Werewolves believe in a spiritual deity called the Moon Goddess, who is either named Artemis or Selene depending on each wolf. They believe she created the werewolf species, and is in charge of choosing their mates.

Mates-

• Mates- A werewolf calls the individual the goddess created for them to love their mate, and that individual becomes the most important person to them after meeting them. Only those who have a death wish mess with a werewolf's mate, especially an Alpha's.

• Mates can sometimes be a different species other than human or werewolf, and sometimes are the same gender as the wolf. Relationships vary just as much as human ones do.

• Occasionally, their first mates don't work out, and they are rejected for various reasons. When this happens, they have a second chance mate that comes into their life at some point. And if their second chance mates also end badly, they can have chosen or fated mates of their choosing.

• Werewolves use a special bite on the shoulder to mark their mate as theirs, it typically leaves a unique tattoo like mark on the shoulder and their scent on them to let every supernatural creature know that they are off limits. Usually, the higher ranked the wolf is, the less likely others are to mess with them. It also creates a mental link to their mate so that they can communicate telepathically, or without speaking, from great distances.

     • In werewolves, this puts a female she-wolf into a painful heat, which only happens if the pair are not mated by the first full moon after marking.

      • In humans, it also causes heat, but on a much lower scale, and enhances their physical strength and senses, and extends their natural lifespan...but no shifting. Humans who are marked by an Alpha, Beta, or Gamma can mark their mate in return during the heat cycle...or mating. Other ranks do not have that power.

Laws-

• No marking without consent.

• No mating without consent of all individuals involved.

• No imprisoning or killing of humans without proper reason. (Ex: killing a pack member, sexual crimes against a pack member, etc.)

• Never expose your kind to the public.

Weaknesses

Silver- Causes major damage both internally and externally, mostly due to the fact that it slows their bodies ability to heal...death by major blood loss is biggest issue.

Wolfsbane- Blocks the individual from feeling their wolf and shifting, isn't fatal, but can weaken them significantly and leave them vulnerable.

Vampire Venom- Toxic to werewolves, even in small doses, fatal if left in the body too long. Vampire mates of werewolves should mark them first before attempting to feed